Winter is coming.....

Jello

Freezing temps dipping down to -7 on Thursday and -5 Friday, and a few sub zero lows may be a bad sign of an early end to the season :(

I think the fact we're seeing Goldeneye and Oldsquah down here already might be the tell all.

Hello Jello,

I saw a bunch of Buffleheads this morning ... they must of arrived yesterday while I was in Toronto as they were not here on Monday.

The Tundra Swans arrived here last weekend on Saturday night ... heard them all day on Sunday while working in my garage. They were about a week early.

Where did you see the Oldsquaws?

Jerome

After Saturdays hunt Randal said an Oldsquah (Long tail) had been brought in.

Lots of Buffies around. Had some swimming around in my decoys today. Not my bird of choice for the table so I let them mingle with the coots.

Still lots of mallards hanging around lake Huron , warming up a bit next week i wouldnt put the deeks away yet

Hello Jello,

I am heading down to the unit shortly.

I saw an Oldsquaw (drake) just off my seawall (about 40 yards) yesterday afternoon ... very rare since I have never seen an Oldsquaw anywhere within the Inner Bay. I have heard before that you may see some out in the Outer Bay later in the season.

I have had my Oldsquaw decoys in storage since 2004.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks