Windy Weekend

Richardscott999

Looks like another windy weekend. I was contemplating trying Hasting Sunday morning for perch. Does anybody know how an east wind impacts Hastings , is it protected or likely to be rough. Haven’t seen any reports lately are there any perch in there? Thanks in advance.

Looks like another windy weekend. I was contemplating trying Hasting Sunday morning for perch. Does anybody know how an east wind impacts Hastings , is it protected or likely to be rough. Haven’t seen any reports lately are there any perch in there? Thanks in advance.
Waves are 3 to 4 feet. Hastings is not protected.

At the moment waves are 6 ft. with wind gusts of 21.4 knots at the PS weather buoy. Glad I went yesterday and it's not going to be nice at all this weekend.

The bay looks flat calm. I looked at the Old Cut Webcam and saw lots of guys bass fishing it looks like and nothing but ripples in the water.

I don't think the bay will be that great. Winds are at 30kph with gusts up to 40 from the south east. Even the bay will be pretty rough. The problem with the old cut webcam is it is in a shelter location so it really doesn't give you a great picture of the bay. Although if you stay close to shore it might be ok

I remember well from the many years we almost lived at LPB when our kids were growing up. I'd come blasting out of the Old Cut only to run into waves farther out that would bounce you right out of your seat. My wife would say "I thought you said it was flat as a pancake out here"... well it was when I looked out from the dock. :eek: Same when I went out of Marina Shores, sheltered areas can fool you what the bay is really like.

I remember well from the many years we almost lived at LPB when our kids were growing up. I'd come blasting out of the Old Cut only to run into waves farther out that would bounce you right out of your seat. My wife would say "I thought you said it was flat as a pancake out here"... well it was when I looked out from the dock. :eek: Same when I went out of Marina Shores, sheltered areas can fool you what the bay is really like.
I was just planning on fishing weedlines. It’s worth a shot anways. I’d rather drive down there and find out that I can’t get out, than sit on the couch all day.

I was just planning on fishing weedlines. It’s worth a shot anways. I’d rather drive down there and find out that I can’t get out, than sit on the couch all day.

You can usually always find somewhere to fish along the weed lines in secluded bays even on windy days.

if you have a 20-30Ft boat I think it would be fishable to be completely honest. Just getting out of the launch at bruce gets really hairy on days when it’s blowing from the east

20Kts SE with gusts today and even worse tomorrow, waves will be 8 feet or more easily. Even in a 20-30 ft boat it's still not likely not a great idea but this is no time to let fear or common sense enter into it.....this is the weekend after all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks