Where to find sheds

Awinne9

Hi guys
I was wondering the where the best spots are in the woods for looking for sheds. Like where to look and some good tips

- field edges
- bedding areas
- fence crossings
- creek crossings
these are general areas to start with sometimes u have to just get lucky enough to be walking the same path the deer was when it dropped. good luck.

Jeff

Follow the bucks.. It's like the lottery and the odds are about the same. You need to put the time in the bush.
All the sheds I have ever found are near bedding areas.
Good luck.

Like others have said. Normal deer behaviour during shedding time is to minimize energy expenditure. They just want to eat and sleep. Bedding areas, feeding areas, and the runs in between are where to look. Deer yard up, especially on cold winters (we had a cold snowy January) so many bushes will not have any deer where others hold many. If you aren't seeing deer sign there's no point in shed hunting there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks