Where’s the Ice

I am in no hurry for the hard water season yet @Three Bouys.I haven’t even done any steelhead fishing yet,but soon!! In the meantime,I was fishing for walleye’s today in a new fishing spot off the riverbank,and caught and released only this one today,(photo).The fishing was slow,& the water temperature was at 38 degrees fahrenheit where I was fishing,so it’s just a matter of time for things to freeze up for the hard water season.Tight Lines & Fish ON!! ????

Attachments

• E49AA466-055B-4C23-9D3C-C7E4AE4F8CEC.jpeg
    E49AA466-055B-4C23-9D3C-C7E4AE4F8CEC.jpeg
    755.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 6971DA81-FD72-49E1-B868-DBE537A81146.jpeg
    6971DA81-FD72-49E1-B868-DBE537A81146.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
Ok you people they have ice at Pickle Lake now.

LOL!!! Red they have ice in Nunavut too! :giggle: I was to Pickle Lake once, actually another 4 1/2 hours all gravel road north of that on Mako Lake just this side of Windigo Lake. That's at the end of the road as far north as you can drive in Ontario. It took us 31 hours from London one way and never had the desire to go moose hunting there again. Best walleye fishing I ever seen averaging 1 walleye per minute for the 2 of us, 30 minutes 30 walleye unbelievable. However not a single moose to be seen anywhere! :rolleyes::LOL:

Beauty boat Three Bouys . What`s your opinion on the Rapala Ice Shelter ? Have you had other brands to compare it to ?
I`m looking to pick one up for this winter .
Thanks @SonsofFishes I have fished with my brother in his Clam Nanook many times. They pretty much equally the same. Except his had 2 seats in his and you are pretty much sitting in one spot and your lower back would hurt after a while sitting. When my son wanted to get into ice fishing decided to go with the Rapala. It has 2 benches with fold down back rests. The benches gives you more to space to get comfortable when sitting for longer periods.
I believe Rapala has quit making them.

Beauty boat Three Bouys . What`s your opinion on the Rapala Ice Shelter ? Have you had other brands to compare it to ?
I`m looking to pick one up for this winter .

I used a Clam Yukon TC for a few years and it was a great and durable hut. My only complaint was the frame and the push button things to collapse the frame for transport. I was in a Rapala 2 seater (not sure of model, it was $600+) yesterday at Sail and while the tarp, seats and sled of the Clams are much better, the Rapala does have a much better frame and is much easier to setup and take down. Seats on the Rapala were very uncomfortable compared to Clam.

After using two huts with standard tarps and two with thermal/double layer tarps, I strongly recommend buying a hut with the thermal/layered/insulated tarps as they're far warmer and condensation is not an issue.

Dream hut:

Clam thermal tarp
Rapala frame system
Pelican Trek Sport for the tub/sled

Now to find the parts and figure out how to put em all together....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks