Waterfowl Photography..

Bassmaster

Hey guys, been reading about some of the different birds you have been encountering so far. I've been shooting birds all year ( with a camera lol) and was wondering if any of these birds can be seen from shore? Or do you pretty well need a boat ( of which I do not have) Thanks!

You can see a great variety of ducks and other waterfowl right from the causeway in B Zone. Certainly all the species of dabblers and the more common divers like redheads, scaup and others. Right at freeze up the mouth of Big Creek at the bridge can be magical as it will be the last open water in the bay. I have seen beautiful canvasbacks and lots of other birds within 40 yards of the bridge there if you hit just the right day.

Thanks for the 411(y) I was down in Port Dover briefly this morning and saw a couple of odd looking birds. When I have some extra dough ray me I will make the trek down there. :)

Hello Bassmaster,

I agree with Singlemalt that the Big Creek bridge is a perfect spot to see ducks, geese and swans after the inner bay starts to freeze.

If you want to phone me (519-586-9825) any evening (1900 to 2100) we can set up a time for you to take some phographs from my backyard blind overlooking B Zone south of the Big Creek bridge.

Jerome

PS I have observed a mature Bald Eagle duck hunting in B Zone this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday from my backyard. I did not see him yesterday afternoon ... must have filled his quota.

Hi Jerome.. that's mighty nice of you to offer that :D I'll give you a shout early in the New Year... too much going on before the big man in the red suit shows up! I'll dig out a couple of the better ones I have gotten this year.

Gord

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks