waterfowl heritage day

paddle maker

Did anyone take a kid out today and how did it go?

The heritage day hunt went great lots of the kids got birds And the ones that didn't got to burn some powder and all had a great time!!! I think it was a huge success I know that the kid that went with me will definitely be back.. Great day!!!!!

Took my son out and had a great mixed bag. 1pintail,1 greenwing, 1 mallard, 1 widgeon, and a black. Also took our Lab out for his first hunt and had great results. Lots of birds flying. Great start to the year.

I was also out as a vollenteer guide the young man had a fantastic time and got lots of shooting.The heritage hunt was a huge success due to the amount of work all the vollenteers do.Thanks to all who participated and organized a great day.

I was out Saturday with my son with the Long Point Water fowlers. We had a great time and got 3 birds, 1 blue winged teal, 1 mallard and 1 pintail. Thank you very much to everyone or the preparations, organizing and to the guides. We had great weather, a great guide and a great time. This was out first ever waterfowl hunt and really enjoyed it. Thanks again for a great experience!

My son and I also participated in the LPWF hunt. We had an awesome time, awesome guide and Daniel managed to bag his limit with a mallard and 5 green winged teal. Daniel wants to come out next year for camo day to help make sure another apprentice has a chance to do this. Thanks so much to the organizers, guides, sponsors and everyone else who helped out. And if you took a youngster out Saturday on your own, thanks also.

I had the luck of guiding Yolo and her son . Had a great time with 2 up and coming future waterfowlers.The smile on his face when he was showing my Dad and 2 of my brothers his birds made my day !

Was a great event, took a kid out that i took 4 years ago so was fun seeing how he has evoled in shooting, Now about a foot taller then me he got his limit 3 pintails, a mallard and 2 GWT in about 20 minutes which was perfect cause we were eating breakfest by 7:40. Pretty sure he will be back to the unit, Got to clean some birds for a young lady and her son which they also looked like they would be back, best event to get youth to hunt forsure

Was a great event, took a kid out that i took 4 years ago so was fun seeing how he has evoled in shooting, Now about a foot taller then me he got his limit 3 pintails, a mallard and 2 GWT in about 20 minutes which was perfect cause we were eating breakfest by 7:40. Pretty sure he will be back to the unit, Got to clean some birds for a young lady and her son which they also looked like they would be back, best event to get youth to hunt forsure
Many thanks for the cleaning demonstration!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks