Waterfowl carcass disposal in channel?

Landlocked

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hi everyone,
Went for a channel cruise yesterday in Long Point and came across several ducks and geese floating in the channel that had clearly been breasted out. I know they won't last long with all the critters out there but just wondering if it's legal to dispose of them that way?
Thanks

No you are not supposed to dispose of game carcasses in a public area. Not sure if it's illegal it is a respect for non hunters sort of thing we already have a bad enough image.

Like winsx3tom said wether it's a legal thing or not I'd still agree with the image thing. We are already portrayed as bad people because of lack of education to people who don't hunt. A lot of people who have found out I hunt and have showed their disapproval of it are uasually a lot more educated about the sport by the time in done talking to them and a lot of the time it's because they don't realize how managed and controlled it is. A lot of them just think were all hillbillys who go out and get drunk and shoot anything that moves. Not so. But discarding your game carcasses where people will see or find them is definatly not going to help at all. And yes I do realize that they will get eaten by other animals but that's not the point. Out of sight and out of mind is sometimes the best option. Just my 2 cents.

One more thing to consider. At least one wing must remain attached to each bird harvested for identification by enforcement during transport I believe. Much like leaving a patch of skin on a fish fillet. I might be wrong. And maybe they cooked em at the launch. LOL. But I totally agree. That's horrible PR.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks