water falls in T-burg

Thanks alot WR

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

Ok guys and GALSI found the right contact info and it was OSL that owns the property and they are good with us doing the clean up of the water falls .But they want everyone involved to Know that we will be doing this AT OUR OWN RISK OSL will accept no liability if someone gets hurt so if you still want to help we will all need to be very careful I would hate to see someone get hurt regardless of liability issues so lets get this done and help out our local fishery I will post a update when we get closer to doing the clean up.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Shawn

I may have a means for getting some coverage for this type of work. Drop me an email and I may be able to coordinate this.

What dates were you looking at for this? I would assume late spring at the earliest due to timing with fish movement, etc.

- Jay

Name: Jason Barnucz

Thanks to my sponsors Bass Magnet Lures, Koppers Live Target Lures, Fishing World (Hamilton)

2007, 2011 Team Ontario, Ontario BASS Federation Nation

Jay it has to be done between july and august during the warm water cycle of the river I will shoot you a e-mail tonight after work when I get home at 4am stupid night shift

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Thanks Shawn.

Two things we will need:

1) a date
2) a work plan

I think this can be covered under OMNR as a CFWIP project. CFWIP funds projects BUT they can also help to insure groups carrying out stewardship work like this. The annual CFWIP deadline is Feb 1st so we missed this for funding. However, this project is mostly blood, sweat and tears. We just need someone to cover our A$$ when it comes to liability issues.

You get me a date and work plan. I will handle the OMNR/CFWIP work.

I will send you the CFWIP application and we can go from there.

- Jay

Name: Jason Barnucz (Delhi, Ontario)
Thanks to my sponsors Bass Magnet Lures, Koppers Live Target Lures, Fishing World (Hamilton)

Well folks I don't believe there is a need to do the clean up anymore mother nature took care of it for us. I will check again when it calms down some more but it looks like the main falls is quite clear and passable I will let everyone now for sure later this month.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by SRT8

Well folks I don't believe there is a need to do the clean up anymore mother nature took care of it for us.

I appreciate her hard work on the Otter! So does my back! LOL!

Name: Jason Barnucz (Delhi, Ontario)

Now if just a few of them railroad ties would finally give and give them an easier jump to ALOT more spawning gravel and minor tribs.

Stick

24-02-11_1200.jpg

"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

I hear ya there Stick but some do make it over not a lot but they do I will be doing many walks this spring to see just how many.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Would be nice if them old rotten ties fell apart and let some of the stronger fish get away from the snaggers and "sucker fishermen" eh Shawn. I'm going to keep an eye on a little gravel spot here by the house to see if any make it this far. Only seeing dark fish up by work so far but the chrome will be here soon. Now I just have to get my strength back from the flu and I'll be ready to lay some boot prints in the bush.

Stick

24-02-11_1200.jpg

"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

I think the section below the trestle there should be a sanctuary. No question. I inquired about it with the MNR last week, and they said it has been brought up before, but never actually went through. Shawn said he was going to look into it too. A good idea in my opinion.

DSCF1047.jpg

Yes anyone that would like to see a sanctuary put in place under the water falls in t-burg, PLEASE send me a e-mail showing your support. the more people that want to see it the better and if any of the other club's that work other local tribs see this send me a e-mail to, it will help to have other club's involved and supporting this. I have a contact in the MNR I am just trying to go in with lots of ammo before I approach them. so anyone that fishes the Otter or any other local trib ,even you offshore guys should be supporting this because the more trout successfully spawning in the river the more there will be out in the lake all summer long. just click on my name and send it to that e-mail addy it will only take a second to fire it off and please put your name and town in the e-mail so I can show them real people not usernames when I start pushing them about this:Dhows that saying go the sqeeky wheel gets the grease well I'm gonna be that wheel.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks