water falls in T-burg

SRT8

hey all you creek rats out there I have been talking to LPRCA about doing a brush clean up to clear the falls of all the brush and logs that have accumulated on the top of the falls over the last several years to make clearing the falls much easier for the steelhead the work has to be done in july or august just wondering how many guys would be interested in helping this has to be done without machinery (only hand tools) to avoid the need of special permits and will be done by The Big Otter Fishing club NOT the LPRCA they are just helping me so I don't have to get permits please let me know in this thread or through PM if you could help .

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

SRT8
I would be interested in giving you a hand ,just keep me posted on when you would like to do it. Always willing to help out out the fisheries ,even though I do not creek fish ,for sure ,count me in

John R

SRT8,
I would love to give a hand - now that I have 365 days a year to do stuff that I want to do.
I haven't been there since the mid 80's.

WR

Hey SRT8 I live in Tillsonburg and wouldnt mind helping you guys out to clean up the falls. let me know all the "W's" and ill plan to help.

That is awesome guys I will give more details once I go and get a game plan on what we can and can't do will be meeting with LPRCA in the next couple of weeks. I will also be planning another creek clean up in april again this year and will be setting a date as soon ads my overtime schedule is out for april hope some of you guys can help then to !!!

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Shawn email me your phone number. May be able to help make things a little easier....... and YA MAN I'M IN!

Stick

DSC00152.jpg

HeÝ thanks guys and gal getting a good responce from this will keep everyone updates as much as possible.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

OK guys I had a on site meeting with Paul from LPRCA and we are good to go aslong as CNR will allow us to do the work on their property I am waiting for some contact info it also looks like if mother nature doesn't help us with spring flooding this will be a all day job lots of lumber haning over right in the main flow .still looking at a july august time line which is vacation and tourney time for me and many other anglers so I will wait till closer and see which dates we can get the most support .I also won't be able to do the regular organized river clean up so I will just have a day were I ask on here a week in advance I,m thinking the weekend after trout opener or the end of may I will keep bringing this post back up when I get more info thanks to everyone who has offered to help hope we can get a bunch of guys out .

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

SRT8; I'm pretty sure that CN is no longer running down there. It's either OSR or Trillium Railway. I'm sure they'll be easier to deal with. Just type in names on a google search.

quote:
Originally posted by Leftys Buoy

SRT8; I'm pretty sure that CN is no longer running down there. It's either OSR or Trillium Railway. I'm sure they'll be easier to deal with. Just type in names on a google search.

Thanks Lefty,but They lease the lines from CNR my neighbor works for trillium so I asked the LPRCA and he said I will have to talk to CNR He is getting me the contact info so I will wait and see what he finds out.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Good to hear, keep us posted!!

I can help in any way with the river cleanup, although pushing it back after opener sometime might be a good idea, as a lot of crap probably gets left after opener anyway...

halloween09.jpg

SRT8,
I used to contact the CN engineering office in Concord (his name was Deni, I believe) for any right-of-way issues that I used to have when I worked in a nearby municipality.
Fortunately, I am on permanent 7 day weekends right now;) .

I can track his contact info for you.

WR

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks