1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

water falls in T-burg

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by SRT8, Jan 24, 2011.

1. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

hey all you creek rats out there I have been talking to LPRCA about doing a brush clean up to clear the falls of all the brush and logs that have accumulated on the top of the falls over the last several years to make clearing the falls much easier for the steelhead the work has to be done in july or august just wondering how many guys would be interested in helping this has to be done without machinery (only hand tools) to avoid the need of special permits and will be done by The Big Otter Fishing club NOT the LPRCA they are just helping me so I don't have to get permits please let me know in this thread or through PM if you could help .

[​IMG]

2. fishin fool

fishin fool Well-Known Member

SRT8
    I would be interested in giving you a hand ,just keep me posted on when you would like to do it. Always willing to help out out the fisheries ,even though I do not creek fish ,for sure ,count me in

John R

3. wildeye rainbow

wildeye rainbow Well-Known Member

SRT8,
    I would love to give a hand - now that I have 365 days a year to do stuff that I want to do.
    I haven't been there since the mid 80's.

WR

4. Fish Bones

Fish Bones Well-Known Member

Hey SRT8 I live in Tillsonburg and wouldnt mind helping you guys out to clean up the falls. let me know all the "W's" and ill plan to help.

5. BASS-master-Gordon

BASS-master-Gordon Well-Known Member

count me in, i need community hours.

fishing,for some a hobby, for most an addiction

6. jordy

jordy Member

I live in T-burg and would also help. I think it is really a good idea.

7. angler

angler Well-Known Member

You can count me in.

8. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

That is awesome guys I will give more details once I go and get a game plan on what we can and can't do will be meeting with LPRCA in the next couple of weeks. I will also be planning another creek clean up in april again this year and will be setting a date as soon ads my overtime schedule is out for april hope some of you guys can help then to !!!

[​IMG]

9. bass fisherman

bass fisherman Member Site Sponsor

I will give a hand at that too
    just let me know when

cheers
    Brad

10. fshrgrl

fshrgrl Well-Known Member

I'm in!

11. elevatorman

elevatorman Well-Known Member

Depending on the date I should be able to help you out

Dan B.

[​IMG]

12. Stick

Stick Well-Known Member

Shawn email me your phone number. May be able to help make things a little easier....... and YA MAN I'M IN!

Stick

[​IMG]

13. Fishing Buddy

Fishing Buddy Active Member

depending on date - should be able to help with 1 or 2 teenagers

14. quinner01

quinner01 Well-Known Member

Count me in no matter what day it is... Hopefully a better turn out the the river clean up lol

[​IMG]

15. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

HeÝ thanks guys and gal getting a good responce from this will keep everyone updates as much as possible.

[​IMG]
    I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

16. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

OK guys I had a on site meeting with Paul from LPRCA and we are good to go aslong as CNR will allow us to do the work on their property I am waiting for some contact info it also looks like if mother nature doesn't help us with spring flooding this will be a all day job lots of lumber haning over right in the main flow .still looking at a july august time line which is vacation and tourney time for me and many other anglers so I will wait till closer and see which dates we can get the most support .I also won't be able to do the regular organized river clean up so I will just have a day were I ask on here a week in advance I,m thinking the weekend after trout opener or the end of may I will keep bringing this post back up when I get more info thanks to everyone who has offered to help hope we can get a bunch of guys out .

[​IMG]

17. Leftys Buoy

Leftys Buoy Well-Known Member

SRT8; I'm pretty sure that CN is no longer running down there. It's either OSR or Trillium Railway. I'm sure they'll be easier to deal with. Just type in names on a google search.

18. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Leftys Buoy

SRT8; I'm pretty sure that CN is no longer running down there. It's either OSR or Trillium Railway. I'm sure they'll be easier to deal with. Just type in names on a google search.

Thanks Lefty,but They lease the lines from CNR my neighbor works for trillium so I asked the LPRCA and he said I will have to talk to CNR He is getting me the contact info so I will wait and see what he finds out.

[​IMG]

19. quinner01

Good to hear, keep us posted!!

I can help in any way with the river cleanup, although pushing it back after opener sometime might be a good idea, as a lot of crap probably gets left after opener anyway...

[​IMG]

20. wildeye rainbow

SRT8,
    I used to contact the CN engineering office in Concord (his name was Deni, I believe) for any right-of-way issues that I used to have when I worked in a nearby municipality.
    Fortunately, I am on permanent 7 day weekends right now;) .

I can track his contact info for you.

WR

21. wildeye rainbow

SRT8,
    I sent you a pm with the CN contact info that I used to use.
    WR

22. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

Thanks alot WR

[​IMG]

23. fshrgrl

fshrgrl Well-Known Member

and girls too

24. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

Ok guys and GALSI found the right contact info and it was OSL that owns the property and they are good with us doing the clean up of the water falls .But they want everyone involved to Know that we will be doing this AT OUR OWN RISK OSL will accept no liability if someone gets hurt so if you still want to help we will all need to be very careful I would hate to see someone get hurt regardless of liability issues so lets get this done and help out our local fishery I will post a update when we get closer to doing the clean up.

[​IMG]

25. quinner01

Good, cant wait!!

[​IMG]

26. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Shawn

I may have a means for getting some coverage for this type of work. Drop me an email and I may be able to coordinate this.

What dates were you looking at for this? I would assume late spring at the earliest due to timing with fish movement, etc.

- Jay

Name: Jason Barnucz

Thanks to my sponsors Bass Magnet Lures, Koppers Live Target Lures, Fishing World (Hamilton)

2007, 2011 Team Ontario, Ontario BASS Federation Nation

27. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

Jay it has to be done between july and august during the warm water cycle of the river I will shoot you a e-mail tonight after work when I get home at 4am stupid night shift

[​IMG]

28. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Thanks Shawn.

Two things we will need:

1) a date
    2) a work plan

I think this can be covered under OMNR as a CFWIP project. CFWIP funds projects BUT they can also help to insure groups carrying out stewardship work like this. The annual CFWIP deadline is Feb 1st so we missed this for funding. However, this project is mostly blood, sweat and tears. We just need someone to cover our A$$ when it comes to liability issues.

You get me a date and work plan. I will handle the OMNR/CFWIP work.

I will send you the CFWIP application and we can go from there.

- Jay

Name: Jason Barnucz (Delhi, Ontario)
    Thanks to my sponsors Bass Magnet Lures, Koppers Live Target Lures, Fishing World (Hamilton)

29. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

Well folks I don't believe there is a need to do the clean up anymore mother nature took care of it for us. I will check again when it calms down some more but it looks like the main falls is quite clear and passable I will let everyone now for sure later this month.

[​IMG]

30. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by SRT8

Well folks I don't believe there is a need to do the clean up anymore mother nature took care of it for us.

I appreciate her hard work on the Otter! So does my back! LOL!

Name: Jason Barnucz (Delhi, Ontario)

31. Stick

Stick Well-Known Member

Now if just a few of them railroad ties would finally give and give them an easier jump to ALOT more spawning gravel and minor tribs.

Stick

[​IMG]
    "Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

32. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

I hear ya there Stick but some do make it over not a lot but they do I will be doing many walks this spring to see just how many.

[​IMG]

33. Stick

Stick Well-Known Member

Would be nice if them old rotten ties fell apart and let some of the stronger fish get away from the snaggers and "sucker fishermen" eh Shawn. I'm going to keep an eye on a little gravel spot here by the house to see if any make it this far. Only seeing dark fish up by work so far but the chrome will be here soon. Now I just have to get my strength back from the flu and I'll be ready to lay some boot prints in the bush.

Stick

[​IMG]
    "Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

34. quinner01

I think the section below the trestle there should be a sanctuary. No question. I inquired about it with the MNR last week, and they said it has been brought up before, but never actually went through. Shawn said he was going to look into it too. A good idea in my opinion.

[​IMG]

35. SRT8

SRT8 Well-Known Member

Yes anyone that would like to see a sanctuary put in place under the water falls in t-burg, PLEASE send me a e-mail showing your support. the more people that want to see it the better and if any of the other club's that work other local tribs see this send me a e-mail to, it will help to have other club's involved and supporting this. I have a contact in the MNR I am just trying to go in with lots of ammo before I approach them. so anyone that fishes the Otter or any other local trib ,even you offshore guys should be supporting this because the more trout successfully spawning in the river the more there will be out in the lake all summer long. just click on my name and send it to that e-mail addy it will only take a second to fire it off and please put your name and town in the e-mail so I can show them real people not usernames when I start pushing them about this:Dhows that saying go the sqeeky wheel gets the grease well I'm gonna be that wheel.

[​IMG]