Wally Kozac Sr.

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I just received a message from son Chris that Wally Sr. passed away. Wally Kozak Sr. was an original LPWA member and sustaining member. He was also one of just a few remaining members who hunted the Waterfowl Unit from day one back in 1961. May he rest in peace.

My Dad passed away last night after a brief battle with cancer at the age of 91. He first hunted Long Point marshes in the fall of 1947.
He saw many changes to the Point over his life and few loved the Point and duck hunting as much as he . When he first hunted here you could rent a pond for the year for $10.00 . Imagine having #27 pond all to yourself for the season. Our cottage was built in 1952 and the upper part is still the original.
There will be a funeral service in Toronto and there will be a celebration of his life @ probably Port Rowan soon as plans can be made.
Thanks to all who have enriched his life.
Sonny Kozak

I remember going back to around 1972 meeting Wally and him inviting us "young guns" into his cottage. We helped him with a few chores and then he took us in his boat for an education on the marsh. We learned a lot in a short time. That was so cool that I can remember it clearly. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Sonny,
Sorry for your loss. All the best to you and your brothers. I'll make sure to send a note to Doug. Take care!

Sonny, Chris, very sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad. He was definatly one of the originals and a great gentleman. It is amazing to think of all the changes he witnessed in his 91 years, in the marsh and the rest of the world. I will miss waving to him as he stood on your deck watching the hunters come and go when I launched at Howey. On stormy nights it felt like he was watching out for us. He will be missed. My condolances.

Cam

Hello Chris and Sonny,

I extend my deepest condolences to both of you.

Jerome

PS I have had problems with my outdated computer so I bought this tablet to access the LPWA 68 forum.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks