Fishing Report Walleye - Port Burwell - Thursday, August 16th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I joined "Ice Fisherman" this morning at Port Burwell. Environment Canada's weather forecast was awful but the reality was that it couldn't have been much nicer. We launched at about 6:30 am and were back in with our limit a little after 9:00 am. We only saw 1 vehicle with a boat trailer at the marina by the bridge and 3 including ours at the marina on the north side so I guess a lot of us have great faith in our Government's ability to make weather predictions.
Anyway the fish were a little further out than anticipated. We found them in 50 fow and they really liked the "Pink Panties" spoon down 25 to 35 feet. The two Pink Panties spoons caught almost all the fish.

I was out of Burwell this morning as well....KAYAK fishing. I headed straight out to 35'fow and set down 1#2 banana weights and worm harnesses. Ran westerly out to 45'. Landed 6, biggest about 5-6 pounds...and lost 6.....then had to run (paddle) my ass off to beat the storm cells closing in on both sides. Fortunately, the wind turned straight into shore.

I was out of Burwell this morning as well....KAYAK fishing. I headed straight out to 35'fow and set down 1#2 banana weights and worm harnesses. Ran westerly out to 45'. Landed 6, biggest about 5-6 pounds...and lost 6.....then had to run (paddle) my ass off to beat the storm cells closing in on both sides. Fortunately, the wind turned straight into shore.
We probably saw you out there on our way in. I see those Kayaks on TV and they seem to be real popular in cottage country but I have to say it was the very first time I've seen one (alone) miles off shore in Lake Erie. Congratulations on your success.

Excellent. Report gents, I'm hoping for good wind this weekend, to take my nephews out for some fun!
doesn't look too bad right now
Saturday Wind northeast 15 knots diminishing to light in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind light.
Monday Wind light.

I am running leadcore, just curious how many colors should i let out to get that deep with the pink panties spoon. Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks