Off Topic Underwater camera help

Bernie Rienties

Looking to purchase one. Dont really know much about. Do they work good? How much do i need to spend to get a decejt one?
Going to cabellas they have so many to choose from
With a decent one how far can you see underwater in lake erie? Thanks

all depends on water clarity, I can set my camera up on the corner of my hut and most time could watch my bait and the one in the background, 4ft say
In shallower waters I can see much further as there is more light

Cameras have come a long way since purchasing mine, not to say mine is still not a good working item an older Marcum vs560

This is just a personal opinion , but I would want a camera that would turn around, Marcum makes an item that I believe affixes to the cable then has tripod thingy that goes across hole. mine is a bit older and the camera unit turns in itself but its not manufactured anymore.

colour would mean nothing to me as black and white do just fine

a system with a video out, is also fun to record what your seeing and doing to share with others.

camera with lights , could indeed attract onlookers and help with deeper dives

1Cameras a fun, 2 they keep my kids interested, 3 I have an advantage while perch fishing with a camera.

Enjoy once you make your mind up.

Looking to purchase one. Dont really know much about. Do they work good? How much do i need to spend to get a decejt one?
Going to cabellas they have so many to choose from
With a decent one how far can you see underwater in lake erie? Thanks

The price varies but typically money invested is well worth it. Cameras can be a challenge as many anglers get frustrated having to move ends adjust each time. Once you get a system down it’s a very handy tool. I lean on my flasher for ice fishing a lot but when the water is clear and I’ve found fish the camera can definitely put a few more fish on the ice. I’ve been using Aqua Vu for years and love them. I use the micro cameras a lot but the HD 7i is a sweet unit as well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks