turkey hunting

shutoutagain

anyone else getting excited???????

jeff black

I sure am. After this long winter I am dying for some sort of outdoor fix. The turkeys behind my house always disappear for the winter and show up again sometime in March. Every morning I scope the field with binoculars hoping to see them back. No sign yet. I am sure they will be there but I will still feel better after I see them a few times and hear a few gobbles.

The boy and I can't wait. This year he gets his own tags and with his new camo shotgun. Those poor toms don't know what's coming.:D

Good Luck to your son,he probably won`t be able to sleep,on the night of the opening Turkey Season.RUN Toms RUN-LOL.I will be chasing Trout on the opening date.8D

RED FISH

Turkey in the morning....Trout in the afternoon for me! Cant wait! The only thing that keeps me sane is watching Wild TV lol!

Jwalsh,Good Luck on your Hunt & Fishing Day.I don`t Hunt,but Love to fish for anything that has FINS-LOL. ENJOY8D

RED FISH

Oh, ya this will be my first full season to get out and turkey hunt, I even have a week of holidays to spend turkey hunting if I don't shoot one or two within the first 3 weeks.

My oldest daughter is 3 1/2 and she is pumped to go out turkey hunting with daddy one afternoon, I am really looking forward to that.

I have learned a lot over the last 3 years and hope to put it to good use.

Tom

My boys are all grown up and turkey hunting on their own now but one of my favourite memories was when my youngest was about 5 I had him out with me early one morning. A big tom gobbled in the tree only about 75 yards from us. I whispered to him "what do you think that was?" He looked up at me with eyes as big as saucers and said "I don't know, a Lion?".

Have fun everyday with the little ones. Before you know it they are gone (usually with your car!)

Cam

Hey Singlemalt...You made me remember taking one of my boys out when he was about 7...told him he had to be quiet, dont move and probably a dozen other things...... bird flys down right at us and lands almost on top of us..we were done ........my son looked at me and said "so whats so hard about turkey hunting" :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks