Thursdays perch.

It is to bad there is not a min keeper size.keeping everything kills the long term fishery

You have a couple of good meals there Chip I am up north for a week but hope to get down your way after that. Thanks for the report and picture

DST, personally I prefer the smaller perch, ye fickle cleaning but oh so good. Not saying if I get into a batch of jumbo's I won't put some meat in the freezer as well. Just not clear on your point here, are you saying only keep large perch? Aren't they the major breeder's?

In the western basin it's the 6000kms of nets that are going too kill the long term fishery...
Funny you say that because the commercial guys are stringing nets around Colchester area as i type this.LOL.

Funny you say that because the commercial guys are stringing nets around Colchester area as i type this.LOL.

Actually nothing funny about that anymore.. as far as I'm concerned there is an issue with perch numbers in all of Erie.. sports fisherman have had a couple real bad years of trying too catch them.. but the commercial fish place in blenheim has them for $12 a lb. something isn't adding up on the whole Canadian side of Erie.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks