the unit

Hello Mick,

The swans that you saw were probably Tundra Swans since Trumpeter Swans are much fewer in numbers but I did see a pair a few years ago at Long Point three times within about a week. The Mute Swan has an orange bill.

Jerome

Hello Mick,

The swans that you saw were probably Tundra Swans since Trumpeter Swans are much fewer in numbers but I did see a pair a few years ago at Long Point three times within about a week. The Mute Swan has an orange bill.

Jerome

Hello Duckman,

The Waterfowl/Wetlands Committee of the OFAH has recognized the merit of my Tundra Swan proposal but the "level of interest" is unknown for them to pursue this initiative at this time.

Please read the OFAH letter that I have posted at the unit and then phone or write to Ms. Dawn Sucee and voice your support for a Tundra Swan season. I have offered the OFAH a $10,000.00 grant and an additional annual grant of $2,000.00 for twenty (20) years for waterfowl related projects if the OFAH supports "waterfowl" hunting.

So it is in the OFAH's best interest for "waterfowlers" to support this Tundra Swan proposal. Please remember that the term "waterfowl" includes ducks, geese and swans.

You can pick up a copy of my "A Canadian Tundra Swan Season - Review and Update" from the unit office.

Jerome

Hello Duckman,

The other problem is that Delta Waterfowl has decided to "remain silent" regarding a potential Tundra Swan season in Canada as per a letter that I received from Dr. F. Rohwer (President, Delta Waterfowl) last summer.

Although I have written several subsequent letters stating that this decision was inappropriate since it supports the "status quo" of keeping all of the Tundra Swan tags for American waterfowlers I have not received a response from Dr. F. Rohwer to my rebuttal.

Consequently I have recently submitted another letter to Dr. F. Rohwer emphasizing this "conflict of interest" with their decision to "remain silent" as well as a letter to the Board of Directors regarding this issue.

Jerome

Hello Dave,

I was responding to Mick's and Duckman's questions and comments.

I am sorry that we got off topic ... whoops.

Jerome

PS If anyone has a question or comment regarding swans I have four (4) current threads regarding them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks