the unit

rbr-wrm

is the marsh frozen,I am thinking of coming down wed. am
thanks Dave

Hello RBR-WRM,

There has only been one day where there has been some thin ice along the shore but it melted by mid day.

The water temperature is still above 10C so it will be a while before we get iced in within the unit.

Jerome

thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response, got down wed and saw a ton of mallards but couldn't get them to decoy but the one blind retrieve my dog made made my day , glad my son and I went
Dave

Hello Mooner,

Confirmed ... it was last Saturday that I saw the thin ice ... lasted to mid afternoon in sheltered areas.

Jerome

I hunted the edge of the unit with a fellow 68 member yesterday afternoon till last shootin light...it was mild and not even close to ice..

Hello Guys,

Following up on Ship Wrecked's comment ... it was 9.5 degrees yesterday afternoon with a forecast of 8 degrees for this Friday and Saturday.

Jerome

PS It would appear that most of the Tundra Swans have not arrived yet.

Hello friends,

I will be hunting the Unit for my first time Saturday morning and was wondering what time I should show up in order to get a decent blind pick. I'm coming from about 2.5 hours north so i'd really not want to show up and not even hunt. Is it possible to line up Friday night?

Thanks!

good luck Lowflyer huntin the unit...I checked the LP wind for ya and its saying 32 -59 kms west for tommorrow

Hey Jerome ..last sunday LSC was loaded with swans....and most were roosting in the marsh
Leaving to go home I seen more swans feeding in cut corn fields ...buddy says theres too many..i agree..

can someone explain the difference between the swans to identify which ones are which...ya what kind of swans would they be at LSC?

Last edited:
From the looks of things, it's getting a bit stale at the unit. Need some fresh birds.

Not sure about the other spots in the bay. From what I understand, the Millionaire's is done for the season. So assuming their 3 or 4 flooded crop fields aren't being hunted (or the marsh for that matter) the birds have a pretty safe place to sit and eat. This is the typical November lull though.

good luck Lowflyer huntin the unit...I checked the LP wind for ya and its saying 32 -59 kms west for tommorrow

Hey Jerome ..last sunday LSC was loaded with swans....and most were roosting in the marsh
Leaving to go home I seen more swans feeding in cut corn fields ...buddy says theres too many..i agree..

can someone explain the difference between the swans to identify which ones are which...ya what kind of swans would they be at LSC?

Should I be worried? Seems like it's been around that wind wise for the last little while. I figured in the marsh won't be as bad but then again I've never been.

a big west is no problem at the LPB unit... lots of wind is good dependin on direction...a nasty cold snowy north sunday duck huntin LSC was decent...

Hello Mick,

I posted a copy of a Swan Identification brochure at the unit along with other swan related updates ... permits up by 25% in the USA ... proposal for new swan hunting opportunities in the USA ... A Canadian Tundra Swan Season - Review and Update ... a Sandhill Crane season?

Jerome

I commend u for your tenacity but swan season not likly going to happen in our life time buy maybe a crane season keep up,the fight

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks