The Tundra Swans Are Back

Tundra Swan

Hello Guys,

They arrived late yesterday afternoon ... about 300 of them and roosted at the mouth of Big Creek with some open water!

They were gone early this morning but have returned ... probably more like 400 or more!

Jerome

Hello Guys,

On Monday morning Big Creek was open and there was a bunch of ducks (30) in there ... mostly Canvasbacks and Goldeneyes. By the afternoon Big Creek was open as far upstream as one could see and the opened area at the mouth of Big Creek had expanded to twice as large with even more Tundra Swans "checking in" for the night.

Jerome

PS Gunner ... how many did you see? The guys on the Hunt Ontario "waterfowl" forum are really interested in the potential of a Tundra Swan season ... check out my "thread" there.

Hi TS i seen 3 different flocks im guessing but each flock must of had about i would say
30 birds in it give or take they were good size flocks might of been more i read your
post that would be cool i would love to try it.So if it goes through you will have to get
a tag right? Will it be as open as the turkey hunt is or will there be a limit
on tags for the first little while

PS could not tell you if they were Tundra Swans or not

Last edited:
Hello Gunner,

If you are interested please read the "CWS Tundra Swan Season Assessment" thread for the details but yes ... a limited (tag only) season. There will probably be some "No Swan Hunt Zones" to protect local Trumpeter Swan populations ... go to the Hunt Ontario web site and read the "A Tundra Swan Season In Ontario" thread as there has been a very good discussions on how to proceed with this proposal.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks