The thing about auctions

Magnum 3

Yes . The thing about auctions, is starting to get me soured on the whole idea . Yes , there are some great deals out there , but just like used anything, there are some real bad deals out there also . The term "As Is " is very loosely used in auctions . Using that term to say , yes it's used and yes , it could have some wear and tear , which is also totally understandable in a used state . Now I don't about the rest of you but , I feel there should be some limitations as to , the use of that term because it seems , in my opinion ,only to be another form of fraud , at least if you are running a respectable business . Example : If time isn't allowed for a preview of items , because say to an owner , the parties interested are maybe , taking up too much of there employees time digging thru lots to find a particular "gem" (just saying) or better yet , an interested party , makes a phone call and inquires about an item ( this now being at least the 2nd time someone at this place has actually handled or viewed the cataloged product or products ) , you would think , when they see something is not only used , but broken ( and maybe not repairable even at the purchasers expense - still waiting for a reply ) , this person should actually change that "AS IS" term to BROKEN or "SEVERELY DAMAGED " . I won't say not repairable , as that is is also a loose term and I think Red Green and his duct tape , would be offended . Any way ... somewhere between the original handling and who knows how many others , the decision of this as is item , should have been changed to junk or broken or whatever and its current owner notified to the such .And if confronted with this type of situation , the owner of the auction house should at least make some form of compensation , instead of suggesting something like putting such an item back into the auction ( what a weasel ) , seeing they make make money off both the buyer and seller on the sale of every lot . But that's just my thoughts on what a respectable auction house should do . I usually try my best to get a look at everything I can , before purchasing , but sometimes its just not possible . Oh ... And if anyone knows my location , you can probably guess , which one of the auction houses , I might be referring to , so let the buyer beware !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks