The Bay....

pics

It looks as if grangers and jimmy riggins are out of the question until the weekend.Is anyone walking out yet?

What about the Turkey point marina basin. Does anyone fish there in the winter??

apparently the huts go out monday or tuesday, with this cold i'm sure a few will set out, i might be one of them.

fishing,for some a hobby, for most an addiction

Yep, just checked rottenronnies.ca, and says the ice lost some thickness. Me and my buddies were gonna drop our huts out friday night to go Saturday, but with that report, those plans may change.

my back-yard koi pond is still crackling under my feet when I walk on it so I'm not in any hurry to get on the big water. I'm waiting at least another week but I like to play it safe!

Today's (January 5, 2011) satellite photo. Excellent view of the Bay. Looks like a couple of big open spots.

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=e&page=1&template=sub&image=t1.11005.1627.LakeErie.143.250m.jpg

DAVEEO

We stopped at st williams this morning...there is still open water before the light house....Old cut has thin ice in the channel...

Pics...Could you please clear me up location wise of where the webcam at booths harbour is located. Am I correrct in thinking that it is a few hundred yards to the left of where Grangers and Shermans Ice hut buidlings are located as you look out towards the lake. Thanks. Huron.

Huron, yes Booth's is to the left (east) of St. Williams. The camera is just past the long row of boathouses with the metal roofs.

It doesn’t matter if you’re looking North or South; Booths is East of St. Williams.
Or if you want to look at it this way; if you’re standing looking out into the bay at the water’s edge, in St. Williams; Booths would be to your left by about ½ mile as the crow flies.

Dan.

Stole this picture of Booths from freg’s thread; hope you don’t mind.

Dan.

[image]http://autoforums.carjunky.com/photos/pic/4z4AFU/319.jpg[/image]

That's ok Dan. Any post that aids the member is fine with me. The camera looks out of the top window on the south side of the building. It looks roughly south south-west over the bay. It is a great public service courtesy of Booth's Harbour Marina.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks