Fishing Report Sunday at Burwell

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Last day of my 3 weeks vacation :cry: so Icemaker and myself headed off of Burwell. Started close about 40 fow SW of the light and stayed there for 3hours. Lots of fish still there. Little more finicky today. Changed up lures quite often to get a bite going but #3 setting on a deeper diver back 100 feet with Piston Cup did most of the damage. Got another small bow and lost a bigger one at the back of the boat. Riggers worked today down 25 pulling various spoons.20180812_103114.jpg20180812_103043.jpg

Stupid question: were do you launch the boat at Burwell?
Never been there. I don't see any ramp.
Is the place at the end of Robinson Street?
Thank you.

Stupid question: were do you launch the boat at Burwell?
Never been there. I don't see any ramp.
Is the place at the end of Robinson Street?
Thank you.
Cross the bridge that crosses the Otter River. Across the bridge - first right or first left. Big Otter Marina & Campground/launch on your right. $15 bucks - good folks. Can't speak to the launch on the left - have never been - but that is where they are.

Cheers,
Balleye

Lost mine 41 years ago,cherish every time you go with him,I have great memories yet. You will have stories forever, and goooooooood fishing to boot. Great report very nice to see.
Ditto Red Fishers comment. Lost my dad 6 years ago - Have just got into fishing Erie for Walleye last season and this. He would have loved this fishing - he is with me every time I go out - but not in the sense I wish he were. Cherish the time is so right!

I have been fishing with my Dad my entire life. He has been the most reliable fishing companion a guy could ask for. He and I have fished all over together. I am very lucky to have the time with him.

You are definitely very fortunate to have such a good lifelong fishing buddy in your dad. My dad dragged my butt through the thickest bush in search of trout up until I turned 17 (1982). We were always father and son but on the water we relied on each other and pushed each other to fish harder. He was a veteran so mud, blood, sweat and bugs never bothered him. I learned by Osmosis. It just soaked in. I only had him for the first 1/3 of my life but he still is fishing with me to this day. He's the little voice in the back of my mind when fishing gets tough and I need to adapt in order to feed our addiction. After all, the tug is the drug.

Great post. We were there Sunday as well. Fish were a little more scattered but we still ended up with a limit. We were out a little further. 58fow. Nice day to be out!

I have been fishing with my Dad my entire life. He has been the most reliable fishing companion a guy could ask for. He and I have fished all over together. I am very lucky to have the time with him.

I ask my Dad every year if he wants to go. Same age as your Dad 87, probably been 10 years since we have gone, still get the call on the cell every opening day for Bass (did you get out and how many). Taught me a lot back in the 70's fishing off the end of the point for Salmon, still have all his old squids and flashers, think the hardest part would be to get in and out of the boat.
Enjoy.

Took a buddy out Saturday and got 12 in 59 ft. 4 hours. three dipseys. Pink Panties best spoon.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks