Off Topic Sturgeon Lake, Bobgageon

Richardscott999

Heading up to Sturgeon lake mid August. I have looked at past posts for the lake but looking for more current intel. Any good areas to try. Targeting musky and walleye but not opposed to fishing any species. I am going to bottom bounce harnesses and lures and probably cast under overhangs etc. Suggestions?

Fished Sturgeon lake before, Had luck getting muskie and pickeral. There are two green bouys heading out from fenlon falls river enterance. There is a weed bed right beside them. Had good luck for pics inbetween that area. Used worm harness with single hook and jig tail tipped with worm. hot n tots. Also try drifting that area. bottom bouncing.. The other spot I had luck is at the large Island at other end of lake. Good weed beds there aswell. The best muskie fishing I ve had is actually right in the river going up to the locks. tonnes of weed beds on the right hand side going up to falls and deep. We have a cottage we go to every spring right across from the concrete walleye. Not sure what end of the lake your at? Good luck . If all else fails you can always go up to Cameron lake or balsam. Have had better luck in those lakes. Can be tough fishing sometime in sturgeon.

Sturgeon is not what it once was. We used to fish up there every year and every year got worse and worse . Still some small pics around . Weedlines and go deep . We fish earlier in year there. Jigs jigs jigs. Bonus there are some jumbo perch to feast on when everything else seems dead. You can also troll rapalas etc at dusk dawn with some success

@Richardscott999... maybe stop in to the LP Outfitters store in Fenelon Falls when you get up there... last year, staff there gave us some pointers about Cameron Lake and had said there was a good walleye bite that had happened in Sturgeon Lake just ahead of the Musky opener in early June.

I used to live on sturgeon bay for a few year back I lived on south bayou between Fenlon falls an bob Caygen go to hickory beach road an troll out back the cottages musky smallies An walleye I’ve caught huge largie in North an south bayou if your on the water facing hickory beach road you wanna go left along the shore which I believe to be south but along that shoreline was very good for me troll or casting trolling we did well but also left there with fish good luck. P.s We weren’t out far from shore maybe 40’ 50’

Theres lots there I’ve had them on fishing walleye reeling in a Wally An have a musky grab onto it now two fish on the line definitely some good days there if your just targeting Muskie then you may get that photo your looking for good luck

Well sturgeon lake fishing is over with thunderstorms coming tonite and all day tomorrow the boat is back on the trailer ready for the trip home. First fish on, mr musky. Got him to the side of the boat, he looked me square in the eye, flipped his tail and was gone. To be caught another day. Not a walleye in site this week. Lots of smallies thou. Fished the depth changes with some success. But killed it working the docks. Very healthy small mouth population here. Back home to the walleye fishing in Erie.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks