st. williams monday

shutoutagain

well i braved the cold today and made the trek from st thomas to st. williams. fished from 830 till 1130. kept zero in fact i didnt even see any large perch. lots of little ones though and very persistant. most of the huts are on the other side of the pressure crack now. not too many people out today. hopefully things pick up soon. maybe i should change my handle from shutoutagain, i could really use a feed of fresh perch. i took some pictures today for Huron and everyone else of the huts and pressure crack but photobucket isnt working for me right now. will post later if i can figure it out

tight lines

jeff black

Hopefully the coming weeks will be more productive. We've done well at the bay in Feb in past years. As long as the ice holds and the water stays clear - supper will show up.

ive been thinking and pehaps its got to do with water temp that the inner bay doesnt get the hoards of perch like many years ago.
even on simcoe the vast majority of larger size perch are being found in very deep water which is warmer.
just an idea

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks