Spring fishing & boat show

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I have had enough of work for the week and booked tomorrow off. Heading out to the spring fishing and boat show in Mississauga tomorrow, had a great experience there last year. Great seminars, met Dr Pyzer, emptied my wallet on plenty of vendors. Probably going to do the same again this year! Stepped into the 21st century last week, got a smart phone WITH a data plan. So I may post pictures, if I can figure out this overpriced tip calculator (y)

I have had enough of work for the week and booked tomorrow off. Heading out to the spring fishing and boat show in Mississauga tomorrow, had a great experience there last year. Great seminars, met Dr Pyzer, emptied my wallet on plenty of vendors. Probably going to do the same again this year! Stepped into the 21st century last week, got a smart phone WITH a data plan. So I may post pictures, if I can figure out this overpriced tip calculator (y)
well with all this new gadgetry you can get a hold of the big leader of the perch pack down there and hell clue you into a good fishing spot

Now I'm just completely lost, maybe they can help me find the boat show!

Attachments

• IMG_20180216_1319393.jpg
    IMG_20180216_1319393.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
Watching a very informative seminar with Paul Powis. IMG_20180216_1546140.jpg

The traffic here was a nightmare but the show is much less crowded than on the weekend.

Found my first engine I used as a kid on display, I swear I used the oars more than the engine!IMG_20180216_1458398.jpgIMG_20180216_1458476.jpg

Almost bought another gimick lure, until I saw the price... $35 :eek:IMG_20180216_1513544.jpg

Last edited:
I watched Capt.Paul Powis's seminar at last year's show he had lots of good tips and tricks and was more than willing to talk specifics afterwards too. I would still like to one day go on his charter. As for the rest of the show it's great but I find you really have to know what your looking for and know roughly the price of whatever your looking to buy in advance. I found that most of the lures,line,rods,reels etc I could buy at Angling Outfitters for cheaper then at the show but I still go every year regardless I just love wondering around there writing down my wish list while wiping the drool from my bottom lip. Just a Big kid in a Candy Shoppe

I agree @JohnW it is a well rounded show. Plus it's close to a few fishing stores (y). Found Slab grabbers @BPS for $4.49ea. They were $10.50 at the show. Picked up a few of the next generation Meegs and some pepperettes.

I did get to meet @Jay doing a Berkley seminar. And I'll admit I fished the kiddie trout pond (y)IMG_20180216_1656439.jpg

Oh how I love the smell of that meat stand I swear I can smell it from here I always get a few bags of pepperettes and usually have one gone by the time I drive home

@Extra Virgin gotta like those road trips, that's 3 big stops all in one day. I'll bet you never had your better half with you:ROFLMAO: I'm heading up to the show on Monday and I won't be able to have a road trip like you had. My trophy wife won't allow all those stops:mad:

The last time with Mr.s EV up that way, was in late Sept for a two day seminar in Huntsville. I'll admit I had to move very quickly through BPS and even quicker at epp's! If you are in the market for an auger, ice hut or premium sled Sail didn't have much. The only deal I found at BPS were the slab grabbers selling at $4.49ea, and they still had piles of them left (on Friday) but most of the ice stuff had been picked over. I still unloaded about $100 there, but it was paid in cash so no one will know :angelic:.

The Meegs look really good and can't wait to try them on LPB as I have had decent luck putting them on the bottom of my perch rig for weight and getting the odd triple hook set. Figure that my sinker might as well have a hook on itIMG_20180217_2130244[1].jpg

Got lost in T.O. Maybe someone in here will give me directions!View attachment 7747
The last time with Mr.s EV up that way, was in late Sept for a two day seminar in Huntsville. I'll admit I had to move very quickly through BPS and even quicker at epp's! If you are in the market for an auger, ice hut or premium sled Sail didn't have much. The only deal I found at BPS were the slab grabbers selling at $4.49ea, and they still had piles of them left (on Friday) but most of the ice stuff had been picked over. I still unloaded about $100 there, but it was paid in cash so no one will know :angelic:.

The Meegs look really good and can't wait to try them on LPB as I have had decent luck putting them on the bottom of my perch rig for weight and getting the odd triple hook set. Figure that my sinker might as well have a hook on itView attachment 7771
Getting lost at the BPS (on purpose-lol),is not a Bad Idea @Extra Virgin,?& your right,it’s not hard to drop $100 on Fishing Tackle,etc.,there.I like your way of thinking by putting a Meegs on the bottom of your Perch rig for weight,& also for catching Perch,I will need to try this,but first I like to use a Meegs to Catch a Whitefish just like @icefisherman does on Lake Simcoe,before the Whitefish Season closes on March 15/18. Tight Lines,& Fish ON!! ????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks