Sportsman Show

fshrgrl

Headed to Toronto Wednesday for the annual trip to the city. I recommend anyone who's going take food. Hamburgers $9.00 Fries $5.25. Was too scared to see how much the beer was. That being said there were deals to be had. Thanks to Ducks Unlimited for the beautiful clock I won in the silent auction for ten bucks! Son got a great deal on a trout rod and reel and will be testing it out this march break. Still not much for us women other than pink waders and pink crossbows. Pink camo lingerie - great for turkey hunting!!!! (NOT)[:X]

Admission, parking, and those awful food prices elimiate any money you would have saved on deals. Not to mention gas prices if youre a couple hours or more away like I am. No thanks!! Could be so much more fisherman, or fisherwoman friendly...$19 just to get in?

DSCF1047.jpg

5 bucks if you go after 5 pm but for what is there....its sadly not worth 19 dollhairs

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.

Went to the show today:(:(
$40.00 for gas to get there and back.
$25.00 Parking (Rogers Center).
$45.00 Family Admission.
$20.00 For a pack of 25 pepperettes.
Deals or bargains $zero, nada.
Show very disappointing, although we bump into a good friend Jeremie (Trophy Taker).
IMG00170-20100708-1324.jpg

I took my boy there Thurs, we had alot of fun. It is not that bad priced for an event in Toronto,you would spend alot more going to see other events.I just go to see the new toys and gadgets as there is never any real good deals. I get alot better deals at the local tackle shop,but we had good time and I will go again for sure.

I'm just wondering,what if they didn't charge any admission.Would they make more money in the long run because they would have more volume of people going threw the doors.

Spent the day at the show yesterday with my 16 year old. Had a great time......discussed conservation and general outdoor stuff with many good people and learned a ton and had many laughs. My son passed his boat licence... we got a bunch of crank baits for a good price...he tried fly casting...looked at a few nice boats that I wasnt allowed to buy....etc....etc...etc

All in all....it was all good and a great way to spend time with my son.

I dont think Id go every year but every 2 or 3 is about perfect.

Cant wait to fish the gorge on the 28th!

At last...got a boat!

quote:
Originally posted by gobass1

I'm just wondering,what if they didn't charge any admission.Would they make more money in the long run because they would have more volume of people going threw the doors.

if they didnt charge admission there wouldn't be a show. i think i'm one of the very few that doesnt mind paying $20 for admission. just think of the overhead involved with the show such as permits, paying for the building, employees, planning, etc. the high prices of food and parking have NOTHING to do with the actual show. go complain to the food vendors and owners of the parking lots about those high prices.

i really cant understand why people always bitch and moan about a show that gets kids into hunting and fishing, donates money to various outdoors programs, and provides a day of fun and learning for the entire family.

it's only money, you'll make more next week. ;)

Even if I could afford it I wouldn't go. Why, to much $$$$!!! I rather take the same money spend and buy something nice for my wife and myself right in town. Huron

Went yesterday. Had a good time.
I don't like being charged to go in to possibly purchase items;but have to admit it was worth the charge.
I have been looking for rods for use on new boat and have had a very difficult time finding ones that had the right feel, in shops from Lebarons to shops in Burlington to shops in Caledonia.
There it took a couple of hours to just handle all the rods and the manufacturers reps were really helpful.
I got one rod there ,one at Burns in Burlington after the rep marked their book ,and am heading to get two more I tried at the show.
I couldn't get that opportunity to check rods any other place as most shops did not inventory the wide variety of action and length that was at the show.
If you want to eat use the street vendors outside the north entrance -$5.50 for great sausage and fries.

quote:
Originally posted by angler

There it took a couple of hours to just handle all the rods and the manufacturers reps were really helpful.
I got one rod there ,one at Burns in Burlington after the rep marked their book ,and am heading to get two more I tried at the show.
I couldn't get that opportunity to check rods any other place as most shops did not inventory the wide variety of action and length that was at the show.

Great tip Angler. If you are looking for something specific a trade show like the Sportsman Show or Spring Fishing & Boat Show is just the thing. Taking the time to educate yourself on the different products available. Most retailers will gladly order you any product you are interested in BUT it does pay to 'test drive' the item you want before you buy. Whether it is rods, reels, boats, etc. We all spend lots of money on our hobbies. Best to buy the tool that you will use and enjoy the most.

Great tip on the Street Meat as well! :)

Name: Jason Barnucz (Delhi, Ontario)
Thanks to my sponsors Bass Magnet Lures, Koppers Live Target Lures, Fishing World (Hamilton)
2007, 2011 Team Ontario, Ontario BASS Federation Nation

Huron and fisherman the "hog towners" don't get your money this show is put on by a not for profit group who has handed out $3300000 in grants to outdoors related causes if you don't like the $20 addmission go after 5 it's only $5 to get in we went and saw the majority of the show in a couple hours .

Jerryb what boat did ya buy I saw a few sweet boats with sold signs on them

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

We went yesterday . It was okay something to do . I did not like the parking ! It was hard to find a place . Paid $20.00 to park underground .I liked when it was at the Direct Engery centre better. We bought a couple of ultra light poles . Met Charlie Wray.Hes good to talk to. Other than the parking it was a good day out with my wife .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks