Solo Ice Fishing

LadyInRed

I always fish alone and I am extremely nervous about heading out on Erie alone. I'd rather not, in fact. I prefer to stick to inland waters but therein lies the problem....I have shit luck. Waterford is very hit or miss and I'm tired of it. Some of the other spots I've tried were equally disappointing. I'd like to stay in Norfolk, I have to be home around the time my kids get home.
This week I want to try Little Lake conservation area near Windham. I have never fished it before but I understand it has fish. But if someone could give me an idea about structure or what the bottom is like or depth or anything, that would save me some wear and tear on my arms and drilling more holes than necessary.
Much thanks for any help!

I haven't fished for years an never ice fished but to my recollection there is crappie in there, east side of lake there was a hole about 100 ft off shore we use to get them in. Use minnows or small tubes.

You could always try Long Point Bay. If you go out from St Williams or Old Cut there always seems to be enough people moving around to keep you safe as safe as ice can be. Have a compass and know how to use it. I’ve seen people fishing the mouth of Port Rowan harbour and it’s close to shore.

I always fish alone and I am extremely nervous about heading out on Erie alone. I'd rather not, in fact. I prefer to stick to inland waters but therein lies the problem....I have shit luck. Waterford is very hit or miss and I'm tired of it. Some of the other spots I've tried were equally disappointing. I'd like to stay in Norfolk, I have to be home around the time my kids get home.
This week I want to try Little Lake conservation area near Windham. I have never fished it before but I understand it has fish. But if someone could give me an idea about structure or what the bottom is like or depth or anything, that would save me some wear and tear on my arms and drilling more holes than necessary.
Much thanks for any help!
I haven't fished for years an never ice fished but to my recollection there is crappie in there, east side of lake there was a hole about 100 ft off shore we use to get them in. Use minnows or small tubes.
Myself and a friend will be Fishing on Long Point Bay this Wednesday,@LadyInRed.You are more than Welcome to join us.Please PM me,for more information.????

Fish bite good at little lake from 6-10 am then they turn off till afternoon. Depths range but if you walk straight out from where you park about 200 meters you will find 30’ deep. I use tungsten jigs with wax worm mostly for the gills and crappie. Lake Lisgar is a decent bite all day. I hope this helps!!

Thought maybe so... red parka was a giveaway. That was us setting up east end late day. Blue gills were there but very very small... no keepers, How about yourself.

I marked lots of schools passing through, lots of fish but other than one hit I couldn't buy a bite. I'm going back in a few days to try again.
The ice popping and cracking under me when the temp dropped this afternoon was quite startling!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks