Simcoe whities and laker todays report

icefisherman

An other nice trip to Simcoe today in the bitter cold...wind was terrible...but as usual bite was good...every one in the group got their whities limit including me and I managed one nice laker to add to the total.
88 fow was the magic dept...and Meegs and Williams were the weapons of choice.
Done by Noon...
Walk wasn't as bad as two weeks ago but still a lot of slush and snow on top...

012-1.jpg

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

hey Emil,

I was out there with some friends today, we set up in 78 fow and caught perch, then decided to try shallower, we ended up in 73 (not a lot shallower.loL) but then caught more perch and I got my first lake herring.. I am dying to get a whittie and a laker,, keep your reports coming.. they are inspiration for me making them long walks out of IBP. I got all my perch and the herring jigging a williams half and half 7 feet off bottom, the other guys in the group got all their perch with minnows on bottom. I may go up again this coming weekend, its a long 2 hr drive each way for me.. do you live near there? Your go there a lot. Thanks for your report.. oh did you go to the left of the huts? We did thought it would have been a better area, we were wrong.lol.

quote:
Originally posted by naturenut

hey Emil,

I was out there with some friends today, we set up in 78 fow and caught perch, then decided to try shallower, we ended up in 73 (not a lot shallower.loL) but then caught more perch and I got my first lake herring.. I am dying to get a whittie and a laker,, keep your reports coming.. they are inspiration for me making them long walks out of IBP. I got all my perch and the herring jigging a williams half and half 7 feet off bottom, the other guys in the group got all their perch with minnows on bottom. I may go up again this coming weekend, its a long 2 hr drive each way for me.. do you live near there? Your go there a lot. Thanks for your report.. oh did you go to the left of the huts? We did thought it would have been a better area, we were wrong.lol.

We must have not been far from each other today. I try to stay away from huts and crowds...got lots of way points from that area as I fish it regularly. So it's matter of time to find them...problems has been not having a snow machine as walking is not easy this year and kills my timing...hence planning a purchase of a sled soon...
I am about 1:30 hrs from the lake...not too bad...
the trick this year has been to escape the zillions of perch that are everywhere...I only fish perch very early or very late in the season before or after the big guys start...and the herring are a nuisance.
Know from few other fishing boards...hope to meet one day as I am sure it'll be fun sharing fishing storied:)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

I thought about a sled too, but some co workers made a good point, can't use it yr round like I can a quad, I have heard of some ppl getting stuck though with the quads? So I may have to get one with the tracks as well. The perch are a complete pain in the a@@ to me, my co workers I think didn't mind them. Meeting some day would be fun, you also do a lot of salmon fishing like me, so we would have a lot of stories to share i am sure.lol :D

keep in touch Emil!

Brandon

Nice fishing Emil, you probably could trade those waypoints for a fairly good sled;). That slush looks like a leg killer[xx(].

Brian (Legend Man)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks