Scope suggestions for .22 magnums

Magnum 3

I am finding a limited number of rim fire scopes specifically for .22 mags . Originally I was going to put just a plane .22 scope with 3 x 9 - 40 , but after reading a bit more , it sounds like I may have to consider higher magnification for target shooting and coyote hunting past 100 yards . It is suggested that the 3 x 9 isn't enough to see smaller targets clearly . I really want to stay away from parallax adjustments with coyote hunting . So far I have found a Nikon Prostaff 4 x 12-40 BDC and a Bushnell Rimfire Multi X 3 x 12 - 40 . Any suggestions from the .22 mag runners and where to find them ? I am not suggesting by any means that this is going to be my go to coyote gun and I have no intentions of shooting them past 150 yards if that . I'm just trying to justify a .22 mag with the cost of ammo , when I also have a . 22 - .250 and a .243 win . that can do the job much better . By the way , does anyone ever see woodchucks with any frequency these days ,as that was what this gun was originally intended for , when I bought it .

For a hunting rifle I suggest you spend your money on quality glass as opposed to extra magnification. A good 3-9 is perfect for hunting and not lugging a bulky scope around and should suffice at the range as well. I run a sightron sII 3-9x33 on my 17hmr and have no issues hitting crows within 150 yards.

For a hunting rifle I suggest you spend your money on quality glass as opposed to extra magnification. A good 3-9 is perfect for hunting and not lugging a bulky scope around and should suffice at the range as well. I run a sightron sII 3-9x33 on my 17hmr and have no issues hitting crows within 150 yards.
Who sells sightron scopes in Ontario and is there a dealer near Simcoe ? How much do the S2's run ?

I paid around $300cdn shipped several years ago from 4scopes in the US but not sure they exist anymore. Mystic Precision is a Cdn dealer. You can also find used on kijiji eBay or gunnutz.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks