report for Saturday and Sunday

Walleye

Hi all.
We went out of Old Cut on Saturday and were set up by 16:10. The bite was sporadic and we caught about 40 fish with ten keepers. We went straight out past Jimmy's Huts about 1/3 of a mile.
We went out today at about 14:30 and we went out to the middle. The bite was sporadic again with about 30 fish caught and 6 keepers.
When they did bite they were solid bites with no nibbles. We used modified Pickeral rigs, bobbers and Jimmy's finest Shiners.
The ice condition where we were today was 4inches of clear blue and 3 inches of opaque or slush ice on top of that. I was surprised at that.
Big Thanks to Jimmy Riggin.
Cheers, Clark

We went out of old cut Sunday - fished hard from 9:00 - 5:00. Moved 8 times-from shallow to the east of the cut towards ec 10 as well as in the middle of the bay north of Jim's huts. A few fish caught but mostly on the small side. No pike seen. Travel on the lake was good. Talked to a few anglers - same results - few fish. Next weekend will be better fishing.(I hope)

Tired but dedicated hard water guys
IMG_1288.jpg
[/img]

Thanks for reporting the fish and lake conditions. Nice picture of you three guys. Huron.

Sounds like a good solid effort. Fishing should pick up more as we get away from this full moon phase.

Brian (Legend Man)

Walleye & wetfootwilly,you fellows fished hard,and I still can`t believe that the fishing is so sporadic.I remembered fishing a Full Moon Phase last year in January,and the results where also quite poor[:(!]I agree with jumbos that the fishing should pick up more,as we get away from this full moon phase.I am not ready to head up to Lake Simcoe just yet,like I did last year,when the fishing was sporadic here.The weather is looking not too bad mid-week for Long Point,and I am gearing up to give it go again.Thanks-again for the results of your day on the Ice,I will report later.8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks