portable fish finder

wdodgetruck

Hello
I have a Humminbird Piranha Max 210 portable fish finder. It is wired for a 12 volt battery . (You can fish all week on a charge ) It is only used on summer holidays ,less than 3 weeks of use . Excellent condition . $90.00 Thanks

wdodgetruck

Hello, I am not sure if it can be used for ice fishing . I don't ice fish. It is fully portable . Maybe someone else could help? I tried to upload a picture but it did not work

Woodsman

Yes it can be used for icefishing.
Either you can buy an icefishing transducer or rig up the one you got so that it hangs in the hole pointing straight down. Some put it on some type of stick but I did it this way.

Great idea Woodsman, now I think I can justify buying a portable. I spend more time on the ice than the water but it would be handy to have a portable for the boat and hut. Did you just bend a piece of flat bar for the transdoucer? It take it the foam is just a float.

Warm Barrels
Boltzz

Woodsman

The float is a piece of foam I got at a surplus store. A pool noodle would work the same. The metal bracket attached to the transducer is a bracket used for attaching a chain link fence to the posts.