Pontoon boats

angler

The avid fishermen in family have passed on and remaining family and friends are not keen fishermen(I guess I could get new friends). As a result I am looking at buying a pontoon boat on the assumption it is more rider friendly and will encourage company on boat.
These boats look like they have a lot of user space and there seems to be a lot more of them on the lake.
Any opinions re ride and fishing convenience?(I do not intend to sell other boat)

Pontoons are a fun boat to own.Very smooth ride,lots of room for company or fishing and easy to keep clean.Most people who have them love having them.I don't own one but friends of mine do and I've enjoyed every outing on it.

I have a 20' pontoon with a 60 hp merc bigfoot.I love my boat they are great on longpoint bay very nice ride, can get speeds of 19 mph , lot less with more people. it is not good in really rough water ( past sand bar.) really got wet ,and i dont mean a little spray. As a fishing boat its great, lots of room But not meant for big rough water.

Hey Angler maybe these folks might be able to help you. Real good friends of mine and close to long point as well..They have a wide range of pontoon boats to choose from. http://www.northernboatwholesalers.net/index.html Phone number is 877-346-3566 Pete and Tina They are located at Maybees corners,105 Norfolk County Road 30
Hope this helps

Musky

GO TO TORONTO BOAT SHOW. WENT MONDAY THEY HAVE A LARGE SELECTION AND YOU CAN DECIDE WHAT YOUR NEEDS ARE.
THEY ARE GREAT FUN ONE THING I FOUND OUT IS NOT TO UNDER POWER THE PONTOON BOAT . FRIEND OF MINE HAS 24 FT. PONTOON WITH A 90 MERC. HE HAS THE FISHING MODEL WITH FRONT MOUNT ELECTRIC MOTOR.THE 90 MOVES IT IN THE 30MPH RANGE. THE 3 HULL TAKES ALOT OF ROUGH WATER. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU:)

quote:
Originally posted by fshrgrl

Don't try waterskiing behind one.

Why not? My neighbor has a 26 foot with a 130HP Merc that he has pulled skiers behind. Has a top speed of 30+ mph.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks