Fishing Report Perch fishing

been a tough year, you've done better than most (y) spent 4 hours a week ago Wednesday for 4 perch. 4 limits of pics in 3 hours on the way back made up for it though...... returned 2.5 of 3 scoops of minnows when we got back in. I hope they're taking good care of them til I get back down again.....:happy:

Damn it! That’s what I was afraid of. Misty River being unable to find perch is definitely a bad omen. What the hell is going on?!

Remember last week when I said when you post a bad report it means it's time to put the gear away? Does this mean I have to put my gear away :cry::cry: and start watching football and baseball until hockey starts? It's too early :bigtears::bigtears:. I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see this post :X3:

I would have to say a couple of reasons here. First- the water temps have gone up hense- fish are moving deeper! whether its perch or walleye! Second when the perch do move out I believe they don't school up as much. Just my 2 cents guys! If it was me I would wait for cooler temps to follow in Late Aug. early Sept. then see what happens! But for now- Enjoy the Wallys.

I would have to say a couple of reasons here. First- the water temps have gone up hense- fish are moving deeper! whether its perch or walleye! Second when the perch do move out I believe they don't school up as much. Just my 2 cents guys! If it was me I would wait for cooler temps to follow in Late Aug. early Sept. then see what happens! But for now- Enjoy the Wallys.
i think most of that true walleyeman.plus the walleye scare them off ..thats also why the few perch caught are the big big ones

i think perch are just shallower then most are used to this time of year. As the water temp warms on bottom they will move deeper and school up. Just my thoughts...

All my luck this year has been in cloudy murky water which tells me they are hiding from walleye
As the water clears up ( during calm hot days) perch are running scared
I am not giving up my perch fishing , just won’t try as long before switching over to trolling for walleyes

The few outings I made To Burwell for perch came up dry to say the least.. I managed 6 fats out front of sandhills while trolling. The school was suspended,25ft in 45fow. Did three passes over the school that I thought was eyes but turned out to be perch..biggins!
Was out of nanticoke with the woman casting/drifting for smalliez with heavy slab spoons and hit perch! Went back next day better prepared 72 keeper from 9-15inch. 15fow. That's the 1st time I have ever caught perch from the area. 60% of the fish came off ripping a spoon,not baited. opposed to the minnow rig. Williams bully in chrome and rainbow. Aggressively ripped let flutter down and Thump! ?... WTH!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks