Painting and aluminum boat

Jacob Ferreira

Can anyone give me any pointers in regards to painting an aluminum boat, steps to take, prep etc !

Get some 220 grit sandpaper, lightly sand. Wipe down with Acetone. Prime any bare spots. Let dry 24 hrs, light sand again. Remove dust, second coat. Thatès what I did anyway. Some guys might just tell you to slop it on but i did that way. It will get scuffed up pretty quick but it us a duck boat...

I painted mine two years ago primed all the bare spots with self etching primer scuffed and rolled on tremclad then sprayed two coats to get into the hard to reach spots. It has held up well

I painted mine about 5 years ago. Sanded it down 220 on an orbital sander, and spayed it with 3 light coats of oil based house paint, tinted marsh brown. It still look good, except where I scraped it with the trailer. Pulling out of the marsh.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks