Open Season On Cranes

Tundra Swan

Hello Guys,

I thought that some of you would like to know that there is currently a push by some organizations for a Sandhill Crane season in Michigan since the USFWS authorized 2,002 of the birds to be killed under depredation permits in 2013. You may reference "Pass Shots" by David Hart from Wildfowl Magazine (Vol. 32 No. 6 Page 13).

If you are interested in a potential Sandhill Crane season in Ontario then you should contact the OFAH and let them know your opinion on this potential option for us. Please also advise them of your interest in a potential Tundra Swan season. You may reference "Pass Shots" by David Hart from Wildfowl Magazine (Vol. 32 No. 4 Page 11).

Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.

Give it up already!! Nobody cares about your dam tundra swan hunting. Know when to throw in the towel. You sound like a broken record. Enough already! STOP!!!

Definitely a ton of cranes in ontario at times. I will definitely voice my opinion. Takes ontario way too long to get anything done it seems. Worth a shot though.

Hello 001kds,

Take a close look at the support for a Tundra Swan season that has been posted on the Hunt Ontario "waterfowl" forum in response to the threads that I have started over the years.

A brief review of my recent thread "Tundra Swan Permits Have Increased" should enlighten you a bit anyways.

I started a new thread "A Canadian Tundra Swan Season - Review and Update" on Thanksbiving Day but I had some problems posting it on this "waterfowl" forum due to its length.

I will try to post it here in its four (4) parts separately.

Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.

Jerome.
Dont think twice about the haters . There wasnt a turkey season , dove season until someone did something about it! We were out saturday and had several swans in distance. Both my brother and i commented on wishing there was a season because we would have pulled the trigger if there was. I for one thankyou for ur efforts
Oh, id love the chance to get a sandhill as well.
John Dickson

Hello John,

There will always be a few "haters" to deal with but the supporters far outnumber the "haters" from what I have seen on the Hunt Ontario "waterfowl" forum.

By the way ... Dr. Dave Ankney was laughed at when he suggested having a spring season on snow geese years before it was accepted. Delta Waterfowl even had an article about that in their magazine a few years ago.

The OFAH is receptive to the idea of a Sandnill Crane season so please get your brother to write a letter of support to Ms. Dawn Sucee at the OFAH regarding a Tundra Swan season and a Sandhill Crane season.

Jerome

What do you do with a Sandhill Crane,looks like a Commorant with long legs to me.........Yummmmmmy.

Sandhills are among the best eating of wild birds. As they say "ribeye" in the sky, but you also have to cook them like ribeye, medium rare or medium at the most.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks