One down, a million to go

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Our indoor/outdoor boat infestation protector came back just in time for dinner, IMG_20180722_1821013.jpgIMG_20180722_1820512.jpgShe BYOM. I told her to deal with Alvin, Simon & Theodore..... Something must have been lost in translation!

Tonight our little rodent hunter came back with a chipmunk, but before I could congratulate her Mrs EV stepped in......

I walked into the room to find Mrs EV out on the patio holding the cat backwards under her arm, open handed spanking her in the rear end to spit the chipmunk out like some sort of Loonie Toons episode where granny is hitting Sylvester to spit out tweety bird!! I damn near pissed my pants laughing watching this unfold in front of my eyes that by the time I got my phone out to take a picture, Alvin is running in one direction & our cat is running in another while my wife is staring at me asking why I didn't help. I wiped the tears from my eyes and told her that it looked like she had it under control!

Tonight our little rodent hunter came back with a chipmunk, but before I could congratulate her Mrs EV stepped in......

I walked into the room to find Mrs EV out on the patio holding the cat backwards under her arm, open handed spanking her in the rear end to spit the chipmunk out like some sort of Loonie Toons episode where granny is hitting Sylvester to spit out tweety bird!! I damn near pissed my pants laughing watching this unfold in front of my eyes that by the time I got my phone out to take a picture, Alvin is running in one direction & our cat is running in another while my wife is staring at me asking why I didn't help. I wiped the tears from my eyes and told her that it looked like she had it under control!
Thank you for the wonderful word picture.

By indoor/outdoor boat infestation predator I assume you mean the cat that kills a few mice along with who knows how many small game animals and song birds?

Your story had me laughing, but outdoor cats are a big problem. May I suggest a mutli catch live trap or two to protect your boat and keeping the cat indoors to protect the local songbirds and small game?

I agree with you @ch312 , we used to have a real problem with feral cats living just north of London. I witnessed many cars stopping between my property & the farm down the road stop for 30sec then drive away, within 24hrs we have a cat at our doorstep!

The one in my photos & story was one of them, she eventually became a member of our family after slowly coaxing her into my shed, then garage (boat storage) then eventually into our basement to avoid winter. After one spring when we let her loose & she came back with a terrible wound which I assumed came from a coyote.

She eventually healed, and will now only spend about 5% of her time outside during daylight hours and stay within a 10ft perimeter of our home. In which time has never caught anything more than deer mice & Alvin which is still tonaling under my shed..... Which I whistle The Great Escape theme song while I cover up all his new holes I find daily!

This year seems to be the year of almost perfect balance of deer, yotes, coons, possums, swallows, Fox, and the vermin that I complain about. The one noticeable missing link are my skitter eating bats have declined massively lately. I have installed a few homes for the bats around my property but it will not cure the white nose disease.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks