Old cut or St. Williams

Hey everyone, just wondering which side was producing more fish and also ice / slush conditions on each side. Going out on Saturday/Sunday with about 6 guys. Which side of the bay would be better?

wetfootwilly

Can't speak to where the fish are, I haven't been able to find them.
As for the slush - I can speak to that. We travelled out of old cut to the middle of the bay as well as in close to the east. We ran into 2 bad spots - the one was pretty bad. Talked to couple of others who also found some bad spots. Its best to take a couple of machines if you can along with rope and shovels. I think its best to go slow and steady and as soon as you get into slush stop - then you can back out without getting buried. I believe there are slush spots all over the bay. Your best bet might be to follow the main paths out to the fishing areas and avoid the slush altogether.

Thanks, WFW, so I guess the slush is just here and there, not everywhere like Cooks from what I hear? Can anybody report on ice conditions on St. Willys side? Thanks in advance.

I went out of st.Williams last week with Sherman's had a great time when I wasn't catching any fish the guide quickly moved me into a area that proved to better. Again thanks guy