1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Cut Friday January 28,2011

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Red Hering, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Red Hering

Red Hering Well-Known Member

After such an excellent day on Wednesday January 26/11,I could not wait to get back out onto the ice again.Well,what a difference a couple days later can make.I did my usual walk out to Jimmy`s Hut`s,a little later then normal,and apparently missed the early bite.A small school of Perch did eventually show up,after I got set-up,but you had to be quick to get your line back down the hole,because they where here & gone before you knew what happened.I moved my portable Hut a couple more times to try other spots,but no luck at all.I ended up leaving around 2:30 p.m.,(the wind was starting to pick-up more speed),so I decided to make my way back to the Old Cut.The walking there and back was a lot harder today then Wednesday,about 4 inches of fresh snow,on top of the ice.All & all,it was good to get out again,and only ended up with 6 keeper`s.Well,hopefully the Perch will be Hungry again real soon.Good Luck to Everyone8D

RED FISH