Old Cut Channel

OKey-Dokey then...............that channel is not the Old Cut Channel ! Try calling it by it's proper name Dickinson Creek. BTW; the other channel just to the north is refered to as The Company's Channel. Old Cut Channel runs the length of Old Cut Blvd. and enters/exits into the Inner Bay at Old Cut Point. Time to update your maps/charts gentlemen ?

No problemo and no offence taken. The whole area was "The Old Cut" at one time ,well actually just known as "The Cut" back around 1838 it picked up the "Old" somewhere around 1860 when the "New Cut " happened

The Old Cut Marina is Located on "Dug Channel" . as of 1961. The whole area is still called the "Old Cut" as per maps etc. I can understand OCLPs frustration since he lives on the actual "Old Cut Channel".
So a quick recap:
The Old Cut Livery and Post's Marina are located on Dickinson Creek.
The Old Cut Marina is located on Dug Channel.
and the OCLP is located on Old Cut Channel.

Thanks OCM ! Didn't relize it had a name, we always called it the Company's Channel because we thought they dug it. I checked some old British Admiralty charts (circa 1839) and it shows a channel that branched off the main cut and may well be the one over by Post's/Old Cut Livery.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks