Nov. 8. Update

fireram

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Don't know whos gonna win the election.

But I do know I've never had three days of duck hunting this slow.
Sunday one lone b bill decoyed. No wind. Warm and sunny.
Monday one lone red head. No wind. Warm and sunny
Today nothing so far.
Even with this promising SW wind and lots of birds trading between the lake and The the bay every night and morning. No flocks in the air since sun up.
Tomorrow. north winds. We'll see.

You might want to put your fishing poles & some minnows in your boat! Again this year the blu bird weather isn't good yet for shooting ducks! Still waiting patiently!

Hearing reports from the norther US that they haven't seen big numbers yet. Even so, the birds we have and are getting have been moving around at night a lot. Don't think I've cursed the sun as much as I have this fall.

The clear nights and bright moon is really hurting the field hunters as well, birds come out for one feed at dusk and stay late resulting in little to no birds returning the following morning.

hunted the head of the bay no birds ..seen some geese very little puddle ducks seen a good number of divers out far..boat went out they all flew over to the other side of the bay...north
seem
seen my first rib eyes today

My brother hunted st. Clair all day Friday. No birds decoyed. But lots out in the bay.

They've all been educated!!!

[E="fireram, post: 112796, member: 2915"]My brother hunted st. Clair all day Friday. No birds decoyed. But lots out in the bay.

They've all been educated!!![/QUOTE]

Probably because like here, guys go out to popular shooting points in the morning, shoot 3 boxes of shells and bring in three ducks..... Lol.

WOW ...is all i can say 3 birds friday 1 bird saturday :(,,anyone one at the lake getting there count?or close to it?

4 birds Friday for me (3 guys). Would have been more if I could learn to shoot. I can hit skeet all day but send bluebills across the spread at a hundred miles an hour and my average is pretty bad. I only get out a few times a year so by the time I get leading them properly I'm done for the season. Could have dumped a bunch of greasy mutes though - they are slow enough for me to hit ;)

Nothing came in to the spread after about 9:30 so we packed it in by 11.

this has been the worst season i have had in all my yrs of hunting :( got 7 geese 4 men 1 duck 2 men friday/sat bonus for me was to see my first ever snow geese at the lake

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks