Fishing Report Normandale perch

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Got a hall pass to hit Normandale (by myself this time) for the third Sunday in a row. Glad I brought my frozen shiners as Macdonalds just sold out.

Same set up, between TP & Normandale in 19' with non stop perch bite, piles of throwbacks. Lots of stripped hooks on the perch rig, so I switched out the bottom weight for a perch talker and that seemed to fix their light bite wagon.

Ended up with 9 keepers, same sunbaked excuse. Beer, shower, bed. fillet & photos tomorrow (y)

IMG_20171001_115825.jpg

IMG_20171002_182828.jpg IMG_20171002_183731.jpg I just picked these up at bass pro from my Huntsville trip. Made by Lindy tackle.

I used my three hook perch rig, since there was barely any chop I didn't need much weight to keep it vertical. Substituted the weight for a single treble hook.

My mistake, the larger one is called a wally talker. Dug through the recycling & found the package for both of them. I bet angling sports & outfitters have them or can get them in.

Yes its "home made", just not from me. I picked up a few of these at Angling sports one or two years ago. They are so much better than those tangle up made in China perch rigs. I have asked them if they will be getting more in, but they keep telling me that they come from random guys that are hit & miss coming in to re-stock. There was no contact info on this package.

IMG_20161106_204014.jpg

I took a picture of this the last time I was in there with the intentions of researching if they are made by the same guy/company......never did get around to it! Angling Sports told me that he finds making his own therapeutic & has all the supplies for sale to make my own. I said that I find drinking beer therapeutic and for three bucks I'd just buy the ones already made! IMG_20161210_140356.jpg

Thanks for sharing your rigging tips, that's a rarity :). Thundermist Lures also makes a pre-rigged drop shot rig although I haven't tried it yet. TC

just to share...
i havent fished perch for many years...way back ice fishin LSC and even LPB perch...we jigged kens spoons usually the large size silver/chartreuse bead...you don't use these with minnows...i have heard the newer slab grabbers work very good too..
you can jig up alot of perch in a short period of time..once the perch is iced the line goes slack and the perch is off and your back in action quick back down the hole working that school jigging up another one homing in on that bead...LSC should be a good bet this season....middlegrounds is where we usually started
Russian_Hooks.jpg

Picked up the slab grabber last and kens spoons last year. When the bite is hot they out produce minnows, it’s an odd thing to experience honestly. I fished LSC last winter, closest thing to home that’s decent for me!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks