No More Ice Taxi,s

Bitchin Bass

Was down to St Williams on Sunday With a new friend i meet
We walked out ice was in great shape But I am not lol
I have respiratory problem that makes it tough to drag a sled of gear out very far
i don't have a machine to get me out there the only thing i might be able to utilize is to take off my tractor mower and use it for transportation
not real sure if this would be a good option or not
i am sure it would work but unlike the other means of transportation lawn tractors don't have plates or ownership's or insurance
so if any one has any ideas or information on this scenario could let me know
a ice taxi sure would be nice but like the world we now live in it seem to be liability everything !!!

Was down to St Williams on Sunday With a new friend i meet
We walked out ice was in great shape But I am not lol
I have respiratory problem that makes it tough to drag a sled of gear out very far
i don't have a machine to get me out there the only thing i might be able to utilize is to take off my tractor mower and use it for transportation
not real sure if this would be a good option or not
i am sure it would work but unlike the other means of transportation lawn tractors don't have plates or ownership's or insurance
so if any one has any ideas or information on this scenario could let me know
a ice taxi sure would be nice but like the world we now live in it seem to be liability everything !!!
use to be able to get hut operators to get you out and back in..i would just go in and talk to them no problem,just give them like 10 bucks they would take me out and pick me up

I think there was a helmet issue. Cops shut them down.
Not sure?
Which wouldn't make much sense because the hut operators don't require you to wear a helmet on their own taxi's ...not that I noticed the last time I was out anyway. I'm too cheap to pay for a taxi anyway....parking hurts enough lol

Last edited:
Hey you just gave me an idea! I have a lawn tractor & time on my hands...... EV's shuttle service.

images

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...gQN8FKVuWAsVzuuKu8Zf2HzCTcJC8P1hZkC0Q6W5gL4tV

Last edited:
Great idea; put a snowblower attachment on the front and you're good to go!
You might want to find a little warmer attire for out on the ice; you may have a nipple explosion happening. LOL
Dan.

I'd definitely use the lawn tractor! I've heard of them being used on the ice before. I think you'd be exempt from requiring plates/insurance but I could be wrong....

Josh

Anyone remember the fellow fisherman from St. Williams who had something like this back in the 70's equipped with chains and a sled he stood on. Never seemed to have a problem getting around and you would see him all over the place. His was green coloured.

Attachments

• garden tractor.jpg
    garden tractor.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 38
@SOUTHWIND : I'd bet it would be great going up the hill if you were walking!!!! Maybe start a hill shuttle ? Do you have the mans name to call to see if it is still around !!!!! hahahaha. Red

Sorry Red, I never knew his name but he had to be a local because he came from up the Hill down to the access at Howe's. An older gent possibly no longer with us.

Im thinking that now is a good time for some one to start a ICE UBER at long point for people to access the ice destinations ....lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks