Newbie question

Andyman

Hi everyone
New to fishing for eyes here, also first boat. We have tried the elbow a few times with limited success, a few each time. Using Dipsys and spoons or worm harnesses. My concern is must of the fish I have caught where unrealized, that is to say I never noticed the bite until I had them half in. They where smaller fish. Is there a good way to tell when they are on? Am I missing something? Thanks

Hi everyone
New to fishing for eyes here, also first boat. We have tried the elbow a few times with limited success, a few each time. Using Dipsys and spoons or worm harnesses. My concern is must of the fish I have caught where unrealized, that is to say I never noticed the bite until I had them half in. They where smaller fish. Is there a good way to tell when they are on? Am I missing something? Thanks
I use up to 4 divers.my self or my wingman is always watching the rods for any shake,jump of the tip out of the ordinary. Some times 1 little quick tap..the rod seems to be under just a little more pressure,were dragging a fish. Also I use braided line only,30lb min. mono has to much stretch for my liking. A hit wont telegraph back to the rod tip the way I like,the mono is absorbing & stretching..especially over 100ft. & always watch the rods.

A few things that help...

Run all the same rods...
Keep a close eye on them...
Watch how your inline boards lay in the water...
Set your drags so they just stop clicking...

A lot of times fish will grab a diver rod or rigger when its released... I even caught a few eyes on core retrieval to do a change up...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks