New Thread Appearance!!!!

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
@stomp I like the new thread appearance option now(y), what other options do we get with the new upgrade........more emoji's in the future.

Hey @Three Bouys glad you like! The thread prefix stuff has been available since version 1.1, d'oh! I didn't read that part of the manual until today. Using tags is new in the latest release. There are some new emojis that I see are available. I'll try to tack them on.

@stomp I've been trying to understand this tag issue with out success, I read your update about tags. When I posted this thread I seen the tag option upper left and decided just for sh#ts and giggles I typed in the word pike in thinking it will search for pike. (so I can go and catch them......:ROFLMAO:) Didn't know what it was suppose do, so I removed it. Now I see you must have put those tags there...........hmmmmm:confused::confused::confused: What are they suppose to do?

@Three Bouys, I think tags are mostly about making it easier to search for content. You had the right idea with adding pike as a tag. If you made a fishing report about Bluff Bar, you could tag it with multiple tags: pike, Bluff Bar, Long Point Bay, Lake Erie. Users who come along after, wanting to see past reports can used the advanced search function and now search based on tags. The tags that have been entered show up on the search screen so users can easily know which tags are searchable. I can manage/merge/edit tags so that they are consistent across threads.

Here's a link to a test fishing report that I've tagged: http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?threads/sample-fishing-report-using-tags.36225/

After I added the new tags, they show up when the "Search Tags" tab of the "Advanced" search option is selected. Any tagged thread can be found quickly. Here's a search on the "lake st. clair" tag:
upload_2015-11-5_7-53-1.png
Here are the search results:
upload_2015-11-5_7-55-35.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks