Fishing Report Nanticoke/Dover

Ferg311

Hello All,

I just wanted to say thanks and i appreciate all the info from this forum and thought I would share my first and second ever trip on to Lake Erie.

Went out of Dover Marina on Friday morning. Brand new to deep trolling using dipsy divers and on a new boat recently acquired. Went out to 65-70 fow straight out from Dover and trolled east to nanticoke area. Only caught the 1 walleye being on the water for 5 hours on a 8 colour spoon. With dipsys down about 45-50 ft. No problem. At least I didn't get skunked.

Went back on Monday and learned I needed to go deeper. Water temp was 71.5 degrees. Went out to 95-110 fow and got a few eaters and this hog with dipsys as deep as I could (200 ft back) on a tiger color spoon.

Issue I had with him was his stomach was in his mouth. Is there a way to avoid this from bringing them up from the deep? I wanted to release the bigger ones but had no choice with this guy. After 20 min of cpr lol he gave up. 9.67 lb 26". Brother will have him mounted at cottage.

Looking forward to going back out again! Maybe Burwell from what I gather.
IMG_0432.JPG IMG_0441.PNG

Last edited:
Hey Ferg,

I've recently heard about "fizzing" to release fish that have enlarged air bladders. It seems to be a common practice in tournaments. Not sure that there's much of a consensus about if it's a good thing or not. Heres a video someone posted on fb group im in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks