Muzzleloader buck action

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
very good conditions & great 3 buck action at first light this morning..omg...and missed a buck yesterday at 3:30...he was too close & shot over his back...so I killed this one ranged at 127 yd quartering 2 lung shot down on a winter wheat field...knocked him right down hard with a solid 150 grain charge...20181106_073627.jpg

20181106_073800.jpg

heres a few more photos... of a 2 hour mid day scout 10 days prior to my hunt ...one of several dominant buck ground scrapes
20181025_083611.jpg

a deep ravine deer travel route I sat up a little higher.. the entire opening day & missed a nice buck far left cruizing thru at 3:30 pm...

20181025_092311.jpg

and heres where I stood for just a few minutes at first light tuesday am realizing there was 3 bucks down on the field mulling around out to the left inbetween the trees...I turned up my scope to 8 power picking out the shooter...

20181025_085445.jpg

After the instant kill shot...one of the other bucks went ballistic standing down there snortin & wheezin and pawing the ground for about 10 minutes until I said enough is enough and went down there to challenge him..lol...well he finally said good bye and walked off slowly.. pissed right off...ya it was great buck action..

20181106_074007.jpg

after meeting fellow local deer hunters up & out on the road.. thankyou again hunters Barb & Yvonne for helping me driving to & lifting my buck in the back of my F150...good thing for 4 wheel drive Low

20181110_115440.jpg

I got well over 90+ lbs of boneless meat processed and in the freezer sunday am...the guys i know & talked too that hunted the first week all shot bucks...;)

Last edited:
Great Job @mick and a nice deer!

I got a small buck on the Fri of Rifle season, slow week with wild wind where we were. Looking forward to the BP hunt the first week of Dec.

RT

Hey @Reel Therapy ...thanks for that..

congrats Davin on takin a rifle buck on a friday under challenging high wind conditions...not easy..

I have to say...you and your daughter sure had a short & sweet fall bear hunt....I am sure all of you were doing the happy dance..especially after that amazing action/rush with such nice bears...all those efforts paid off big time.....way to go!!!

good luck & have fun on your december deer hunt...

will have to catch up later...possibly share a fishin trip again.....ya I am flyin south for colombia again...lol...I am packed and ready to go...leavin next wednesday (nov.21)....my return flight home is April 27...at that time I will be looking forward to getting ready & headin way north for my annual ON spring bear hunt..

Hey @mick have a great trip! There is always an open seat in my boat for you. As for Maddy getting the bear it was pretty amazing. Just enjoying some pepperettes as I write this (y)

Give me a shout when your back.

RT

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks