Marlin 25mn spring kit

Magnum 3

Does anyone know who sells a trigger spring kit for a Marlin 25 MN .22 mag. in Ontario ? I see they sell them in the states but prefer to buy local .

hey Magnum your thread reminded me ..... i was looking at replacing my very stiff 2 stage trigger on my enfield 303 british bolt action rifle i picked up last fall. I came across Timney triggers that specializes in after market quality triggers for used and new firearms.
My particular rifles 2 stage trigger pulls at over 8+ lbs. Thats the way it was designed for soldiers to carry and shoot there rifles effectively.
I did some searching and my best option now is to have the triggers pull modified. I found a gunsmith to take it apart replace the heavy spring and remove a very small amount of surface and polished to reduce the 8 plus pounds of pull to hopefully say approx. 3 lbs... He has done this trigger job successfully a few times, So I hope to drop the rifle off to him near Simcoe.

The modification trigger instruction is also on youtube, but I feel more secure having a knowledgable gunsmith reduce the pull. He was reccomended by a friend who got a quality trigger job done on a handgun.

Ordering some merchandise related to firearms from the United States is prohibited. What you usually need to do is find a dealer for specific items here in Canada so you can order and purchase them. I don't know all the items that are prohibited under state and federal laws. I remember I was able to order a timney trigger, but it was through an international dealer. Like I mentioned at this point I don't need any new trigger parts other then a spring supplied by the gunsmith.

Last edited:
hey Magnum your thread reminded me ..... i was looking at replacing my very stiff 2 stage trigger on my enfield 303 british bolt action rifle i picked up last fall. I came across Timney triggers that specializes in after market quality triggers for used and new firearms.
My particular rifles 2 stage trigger pulls at over 8+ lbs. Thats the way it was designed for soldiers to carry and shoot there rifles effectively.
I did some searching and my best option now is to have the triggers pull modified. I found a gunsmith to take it apart replace the heavy spring and remove a very small amount of surface and polished to reduce the 8 plus pounds of pull to hopefully say approx. 3 lbs... He has done this trigger job successfully a few times, So I hope to drop the rifle off to him near Simcoe.

The modification trigger instruction is also on youtube, but I feel more secure having a knowledgable gunsmith reduce the pull. He was reccomended by a friend who got a quality trigger job done on a handgun.

Ordering some merchandise related to firearms from the United States is prohibited. What you usually need to do is find a dealer for specific items here in Canada so you can order and purchase them. I don't know all the items that are prohibited under state and federal laws. I remember I was able to order a timney trigger, but it was through an international dealer. Like I mentioned at this point I don't need any new trigger parts other then a spring supplied by the gunsmith.
Are you referring to Franklin ?

I actually talked to my guy (although I have also been to yours if it is who i said) and said he can fix me up also .

no not Franklin Magnum....Roger and I need to follow up with him...

no not Franklin Magnum....Roger and I need to follow up with him...
If it's Kotanko , I wasn't out to see him yet . Heard he is pretty meticulous with his work , at least as far as bluing goes . I just never got out to let him work on a rifle I wanted re-blued . It's now like about 5th on my list of to do's right now .

ya magnum thats the same guy...I got a little different last name spelling..

I had a good discussion with Roger and he is very firearm knowledgeable...somebody I might turn to have that 303 further accurized?.. Will see how the trigger job works out...I can't see a .303 becoming my most favourite hunting rifle but maybe a backup?, as I already consider my little tika 270 wsm my favourite and I do have a new custom 7mm wbee mag on its way . To be honest I never hunted anything with a 30 calibre rifle as I never owned one.

Some of these ontario moose hunters should not sell out, ontario has lots of bears to hunt, and there is big game oppurtunities available in other parts of Canada to fit almost everybodys budget. Quebec has banned the caribou hunt effective feb 2018. So I would definately go on a caribou hunt and fill one tag sooner then later.

Last edited:
ya magnum thats the same guy...I got a little different last name spelling..

I had a good discussion with Roger and he is very firearm knowledgeable...somebody I might turn to have that 303 further accurized?.. Will see how the trigger job works out...I can't see a .303 becoming my most favourite hunting rifle but maybe a backup?, as I already consider my little tika 270 wsm my favourite and I do have a new custom 7mm wbee mag on its way . To be honest I never hunted anything with a 30 calibre rifle as I never owned one.

Some of these ontario moose hunters should not sell out, ontario has lots of bears to hunt, and there is big game oppurtunities available in other parts of Canada to fit almost everybodys budget. Quebec has banned the caribou hunt effective feb 2018. So I would definately go on a caribou hunt and fill one tag sooner then later.
Couldn't remember the exact spelling ,but I figured you'd get the idea just the same . They say he's pretty good . I just forgot all about him .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks