LPWA Membership 30 day prior to AGM ?

Old Cut LongPointer

To the Board of Directors of the LPWA;

Sirs, I challange the validity of enforcing Article 5 paragraph 4 that an individual be a member 30 days prior to the Annual Spring Meeting (April 16th 2011)as to it allowing them the right to vote at same meeting as to which the "new" Constitution has not yet been ratified by the membership body and therefore this ruling not be applied at this time.

Chris Kozak
Sustaining Member

Jeez Chris,I was just wondering the same thing. Just received my copy in the mail. At least I got it this year prior to the meeting:)quote:
Originally posted by Old Cut LongPointer

To the Board of Directors of the LPWA;

Sirs, I challange the validity of enforcing Article 5 paragraph 4 that an individual be a member 30 days prior to the Annual Spring Meeting (April 16th 2011)as to it allowing them the right to vote at same meeting as to which the "new" Constitution has not yet been ratified by the membership body and therefore this ruling not be applied at this time.

Chris Kozak
Sustaining Member

Hi there Alaskan !

I have E-mailed the Board of Directors regarding this issue and have asked for a retraction of that requirement.It is unjust and unfair to any person wanting to become a member at the last minute. If you pay ....you play ! Why the need for a cooling off period ? If the Recording-Secretary must sit for a 1/2 hour before the meeting [or delagate someone ?] then so be it. I have always encouraged people to become a member of our Association [or better still become a Sustaining Member !]and support public waterfowling at Long Point. WE who use it cannot afford to turn away anybody that would help our cause !Please read Article 2 Paragraph 2 and 4.

Chris Kozak
Sustaining Member

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks