R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
LONG POINT WATERFOWLERS’ ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL SPRING MEETING
Saturday, April 16, 2011, 9:00 AM

@

BACKUS HERITAGE CONSERVATION CENTRE
2 Kms North of Port Rowan, Ontario

AGENDA:

At the request of some members, the 2011 spring general meeting will limit presentations other than those to do specifically with the LPWA's goals & objectives. There will be a PA system. Only LPWA members who have been members for a minimum of 30 days will receive ballots to vote.

1) Jim Malcolm, President (LPWA), Crown Marsh Rehab, draft LPWA constitution, LPWA insurance (B) votes: spending on CM; permission to buy O&D insurance)

2) Rhonda Card, Assistant Superintendent, LPPP & Head, LPWMU, Report on 2009, 2010

3) Jim Greenwood, LPWA Constitution (vote for adoption)

4) Arnold Freitag, Waterfowler of the Year Award

5) Dave Kennedy, LPWMU 50th Anniversary Dinner

6) The LPW Youth Program, Scott Petrie & Mike Schummer LPW (vote on LPWA Donation to LPW Youth Initiatives)

7) Open Discussion
i)Jerome Katchin, swan season
ii) Walter (Sonny) Kozak, Friday hunting after Daylight Savings time ends.

8) Les Eves, LPWA Treasurer, Financial Report

9) Cam Thomson, LPWA VP, 2011 Youth Hunt

10) Al Gallagher, LPWA Director, 2011 Fund-raising

11) Election of LPWA directors & officers

12) Adjourn

Note: A draft copy of the LPWA Constitution is enclosed. If you would like to propose an amendment please do so prior to the meeting by emailing your suggestion to lpwa@kwic.com. The objective is to either resolve issues before the meeting or be organized enough to efficiently resolve them there.

GryphonHunter, ET AL !

Take note, if you wish to become a member with full voting rights you must be a paid up member to be considered as "in good standing" in order to vote on any of the issues to be held at the AGM come this April. I believe that March 16th is the cut off date ? Duck Soup please correct me if I am wrong.

Chris Kozak
Sustaining Member

Hello Arnold,

What does "At the request of some members, the 2011 spring general meeting will limit presentations other than those to do specifically with the LPWA's goals & objectives" mean?

Are a few determining how we conduct our AGM now?

Jerome

That was added at the request of members who asked that the meeting be conducted efficiently and is also commonplace to prohibit anyone from hyjacking the proceedings in favour of a personal agenda.
quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Boy

Hello Arnold,

What does "At the request of some members, the 2011 spring general meeting will limit presentations other than those to do specifically with the LPWA's goals & objectives" mean?

Are a few determining how we conduct our AGM now?

Jerome

It means that people didnt like having 2 hours of presentations that no one really listen to and members wanted to get to the point and the meeting over with. Dont think to much in to everything, not everyones out to get ya. Hope this clears its up noones trying to monopolize the meetings.

To offer further clarification the "Presentations" referred to as being limited were the outside speakers we have had at most meetings in the past from outside groups and organizations like Bird Studies, DU,MNR and others who came by our invitation, or at their request, and gave presentations we thought might be of interest to members at the meeting.

We heard from many members that as the actual business and discussion of LPWA affairs was getting longer and more complex there is really not time to allocate for an outside speaker without unduly extending the length of the meeting.

The change was to allow for more time for our own business. It is certainly not intended to restrict opportunities for members in-put in any way. In fact the opposite.

quote:
Originally posted by archer

Cam, you should offer to teach a course on diplomacy. Well said! LOL

Paul

I concur with you Paul and may I suggest the he start with the junior members of the BoD first ? A briefing on Roberts Rules of Order probably wouldn't hurt either ?

Chris

P.S; BTW, I always enjoyed the presentations and found them both educational and pertinent

I think it would be worth a quick show of hands at the AGM on the issue of outside presentations. The BOD was concerned with a couple of quite substantive issues on the agenda, like the new constitution, we might need all the time we have in 2011 for our own business.

However if the general membership enjoyed them (as did I) maybe we can get back to them in 2012.

Cam

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks