Lost decoys

duckman

hi everyone I was in Manitoba last week hunting and left some hand made decoys on my cat walk at old cut the storm that happened last Sunday raised the water to a hot that the decoys floated off the cat walk I was able to get 15 back but I am missing 40 of the decoys if anyone comes across these foam decoys could you please call Mark at 905-510-6726 willing to give a reward as they are all made by my 76 year old father and they mean a lot to me thanks in advance.

Mark

Cruise the shoreline along Thoroughfare. With that wind direction it kinda works like a filter. Have found others lost along the south Shore there.

I don't think many made out in the bay I'm hoping someone picked them up and turns them in because they won't be able to hunt with them

Just out of curiosity why won't they be able to hunt with them?
Is it something I can do to my decoys so no one else could hunt with them?

Pretty sure if your handle is "duckman", I wouldn't mess with his decoys! But I guess Mother Nature didn't get the memo.

heres a left decoys story....years back buddy & I rented and hunted a box blind in the waterfowl unit...we shot a few ducks early am ..launched are boat off howey ave...when we got back we loaded up all the gear in the truck and headed home.. a good hours drive..when we got home tired..I realized I left a bag of mallard decoys right there where we launched..called the unit and no one turned them in..left my phone number..not a word..thats it,, there history...a dozen decoys was a gift for somebody...its a lesson learned..next time won't forget..

hope you get the rest of your decoys duckman

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to be in the same Province with his decoys... I once heard a story about a Cobra biting Duckmans leg... After 5 days of excruciating pain, the Cobra died.

I hope duckman has his name on them, this would be a BIG help if someone fines them..If found floating no name not a site reader could be a nasty encounter. Hope he finds them and get back to hunting. Red

has anybody bought merchandise from the Canadian Waterfowl Supplies store located south of Brantford..if so maybe you could mention your experience & opinion regarding selection and prices, thanks ahead

Yes I have purchased decoys and decoy rigging items as well as a electronic dog collar the past few years from Pat there . You will find him friendly and offering good ,fair pricing on the items with the odd good sale thrown in . He will back his products up as well -e.g. - I bought some gang rigs from him and they were packaged in 12's by Rig 'em Right and there was only 11 in one of the 5 units I bought .No problem -he gave me another one no questions asked . He has a good selection of products and adds new things every year.

By the way Mark I lost a garbage pail in that big surge of water from myI boathouse next over from yours . If you find your decoys lets hope they are lying in my pail . I do believe the diver ducks were behind this surge of water to prevent you from going after them.

thank you sonny for the positive response..
I am specifically looking for a new pair of quality insulated chest waders for huntin in the swamp...my old pair have been excellent fall fishin rainbows in the rivers...you know the old neophrene boot attached ones, warm and flexible comfortable driftin for hours..my pair are still good, but there not swamp proof...were huntin ducks by boat & canoe and in waders
can anybody reccomend a quality pair..whats out there for todays die hard duck hunter..camo would be nice too..my pair are okay in forest green...

It is a way to go but Sail Store in Cambridge ( #24 and #401 ) sell excellent quality waders - check them out on their website

Hello Mick,

I was Pat's first customer back in 2012 when he placed a special order of Tundra Swan decoys for me. I have been doing business with him ever since.

He is expanding the number of products that he carries every year ... next year he will be adding Sandhill Crane decoys to his stock.

I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks