Lorance Issue

cmac

Just purchased and installed a Lowrance Hook2 7x GPS Splitshot HDI.(no charts) Followed the set up instructions on line, easy and straight forward ( the book that came with it has 9 different languages but no English! Go figure!) but nothing is working properly on any screen. Sonar is all vertical lines and depth display in jumping back and forth with ridiculous numbers, GPS doesn't track any movement and down scan imaging screen is solid blue. Transducer is installed with military precision! I have installed and set up so many through out the years through the business without any issues ever though I am at a loss here. Even tried operation with engine off to eliminate electrical interference. Any suggestions folks?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Double check everything. I’m sure you’ve done that. Disconnect the power supply to the unit and the battery connection. Reconnect it all. It will reboot itself. On mine if the connections weren’t plugged in all the way and tight it did similar things

I had a problem with my lowrance when I installed it. It was a ground problem. Ran the ground right to my battery and the problem went away.

Thanks for the input guys. Ground and power connections were good. Pulled unit and went back to Bass Pro today and they determined that the transducer and head were defective. Apparently, this is not uncommon...that's a great vote of confidence! Regardless, they took the unit back without issue and I up graded to the chart plotter/chirp unit. Now to install it, up date the card and try this again.

Thanks again guys!
Mike

Well, installed the new Lowrance Hook2 7 splitshot with chart (updated on line) today and chart (like a gps trail) and speed indicator work fine...that's it.Sonar is a basic white screen with no image, down scan screen is basic blue with no image and flasher screen is a dead circle with absolutely no activity. No water temp or depth indication either. Went through all the settings and menu's and all looks good. She is hooked up properly guys with fused shielded cable away from all other cables. Lets face it folks, the install of these new generation units are a simple "plug and play" and a no brainer. My buddy looked at me, shook his head is disbelief then I just laughed my butt off! Guess it's a third trip to B.P. and back to Hummingbird. Incidentally, shouldn't the chart screen indicate depth and hazard? Lmao!

I smell something fishy. I have never had any problem with any of the Lowrance graphs I have owned. Sounds to me like a commercial for humminbird.

Should have just went to see Josclynn, Dane or Monty at Angling Outfitters to begin with! Won't find better pricing, will actually show you how to set it up and run it and won't steer you in the wrong direction! Only bad thing is your probably going to max out the CC on all the other stuff in the store!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks